Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Can't remember the name . .

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't remember the name . .
 Login/Join

posted
I read a story a long time ago and I believe it was by RB but can't be sure. It was about a guy who was something like an ambassador on an alien planet who decides he wants to become a native. Anyway, to be accepted into thier civilization he must go through spiritual enlightenment which consists of mutilating himself. I don't mean cuts here or there but amputation of all limbs/extremeties until there isn't anything but a torso and head left which frees him to become spiritually/mentally enlightened. The story isn't gory or overly graphic but very beautifully written -- phenomenal -- hence my belief it is by Bradbury. I would be grateful for any help in finding the name of this story and the publication it appeared in.

Dee

Posts: 2 | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say, 99% not RB. What say others?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont think RB is into mutilating people. unless the alien race was mars. then theres a possibility of him writing it.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
99 44/100 % Not Bradbury

56/100 % Probably Not Bradbury
_________
100%

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post