Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Readers
 Login/Join

posted
Ok, I'm new and I just read Fahrenheit 451. I thought it was really good but it ends with a cliff hanger. Is there a sequel?

Mandos<br />Lord of the Halls of Waiting

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was no sequel to FAHRENHEIT 451, but there are many more wonderful books by Mr. Bradbury that all who post here would be happy to recommend. If you have not read them yet, try THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES, SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES (my personal favorite), THE ILLUSTRATED MAN and DANDELION WINE. I could recommend several others, but that list should get you started!

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 12-16-2004).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No published sequel is currently available but one has been in the works for years.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While there is no exact sequel, there are many crossover stories in various collections that tie into the 451 universe. Here are a few.

To the Chicago Abyss ( found in collection: the wonderful ice cream suit and other plays)

Usher II (found in the Martian Chronicles)

The Exiles (not sure where it can be found)

I want to say that there's another one too about Charles Dickens, but can't think of the title, or if it strictly qualifies. It's been too long.

At any rate, I would highly recommend Martian Chronicles as your next read. It's just a great collection of stories that while independent of each other (unrelated in characters and themes, etc.) unite to form a very cohesive whole.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post