Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me!!!!
 Login/Join

posted
I am a high school student and in Ap English. Our literary question of the week is : What is unusual about the way Ray Bradbury lives in Los Angles? We need the answer by tomorrow and I have been searching. I was hoping someone could help me. please.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury does not drive an automobile.

It is my understanding he witnessed a horrible car accident as a young man and made the decision, to not drive an automobile.

Posts: 5 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I heard, I believe Ray said that he thinks that cars limit human beings. (I'm not exactly sure what he said) But he thinks they limit human society and that he doesn't like the idea that humans should be encased in a metal "box"

Posts: 3 | Location: Fountain Hills | Registered: 20 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His vision also, kept him from getting a drivers license. A wink from being legally blind

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His eye trouble very providentially kept him out of the military, too. He was of much more use to the country and the world in other ways.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FH 451,

I never expected to see you on a message board! I came out to spend an afternoon with Ray (and Maggie) in May and to videotape an interview. I'm the main Waukegan person who has been staying in touch with Ray for the past 12 years. I was hoping to meet you the day we were there. I talk fairly often, mostly by email, with Zee and she has told me what a god send you are.

If you wouldn't mind dropping me an email by the icon above, I'd like to check with you about a package Ray received from me about a week ago. Zee may have already asked about it.

Cheers from Waukegan!

Wayne

[This message has been edited by LonelyOne (edited 10-18-2003).]

Posts: 1 | Location: Waukegan, IL USA | Registered: 18 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post