Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    I'm looking for a particular short story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm looking for a particular short story
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all Smiler

There is this short story by this great man Ray Bradbury that is translated to my native language as "The Instrumentalist". I'm sure that this is not the original title though.
The story is about a man with mental issues who cut and collect people's tongues in jars.
There are these greate explanation about how without words only music lasts and stuff like that.

Please, can someone tells me if there is a story like that? What's the name of it?

If I'm in the wrong section, I'd like to ask mods to move the thread and apologize me Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go with 100% not Bradbury on this one.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only "Jar" that we would recall from a Bradbury tale is this early classic. As with Dandy, I am sure not related to Bistraki'a reference:
http://barebonesez.blogspot.co...part-six-alfred.html

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Smiler
I was almost sure that there is no story like this and now I'm very curious how that thing has been released here under Bradbury's name. I'm from post-communist country and it's not very clear what has happened back in the days.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, there is another Ray Bradbury/Ray C. Bradbury who claims not to have heard of "the" Ray, plus there were counterfeit Harry Potter stories published in China and a ripoff in Russia--maybe this was an example of some type of forgery?

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post