Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Bradbury Story Got You Started?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Bradbury Story Got You Started?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
do u know of anyplace where i can get a summary on The Sound of Thunder????

Posts: 2 | Location: dothan al us | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All Summer In A Day was the first Bradbury story I read, but I think my all-time favorite has to be Homecoming. I adore that story, and was thrilled with From The Dust Returned! That particular book wraps up all my favorite Bradbury elements into one handy-dandy volume. I remember crying like an idiot the first time I read Homecoming - yet another reminder of my own mortality, I guess. Anyway, it's a gorgeous little story. I love that peculiar, gothic melancholy that seems to belong only to Bradbury.

Posts: 2 | Location: Portland, Oregon USA | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
babylover--The actual story is so short, why don't you just give it a read? You won't be sorry!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when i was a freshman we read farenheit 451. i never read any of the books we were assigned, except that one! i loved it so much that i have read it about 20 times since! (finishing it only about half that! lol) i have never meet anyone else that has read that book! it's a shame! my dream since was to write the screenplay for it. i feel that i would do it justice. being that so many movies based on books don't. now that mel gibson is doing it, looks like my chance is gone! :O( oh well! hopefully he will do a great job on it!

Posts: 1 | Location: somewhere here not there | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just signed up for this board, so hope this works---
I can't remember what I read first- I've read so many books in my life- but no doubt Dandelion Wine is my favorite! It leaves me mentally and spiritually refreshed-
Found out yesterday that Ray is coming to Bakersfield February 28-
I am SO,SO,SO excited!!!!!!!

Posts: 28 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the first story that I really loved was "Usher II". I loved the gore of it all. We did a short story unit my freshmen year and had to do a presentation on one of the stories. I picked that one. It was amazing. Not only did it have Poe in it, but it was so modern. I loved it. I'll need to find a book with that story in it.

I am currently writing a research paper comparing "Usher II" and "Fall of the House of Usher".

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would have to be" Something wicked this way comes." I had to get used to his style of writing and now I understand it. He is a writer I can comprehend.

"The current science fiction writers are a bunch of jerks. As for cyberpunk, it's crap -- you can't read it."--Ray Bradbury

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book that got me started was Something Wicked This Way Comes. I thought at first it was going to be a stupid book but once I read it and started to understand it a little more in class discussion it wasn't half bad.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first Bradbury story was Something Wicked... we read it for class, and I liked it. I am planning on reading another one of his books, if they are all that good.

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing." -Blaise Pascal

Posts: 14 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post