Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Please tell me which story this is?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please tell me which story this is?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...(I like the way the letters run together.)

Like in the word encyclopædia, for example?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"quidnunc" is a strange word I encountered in a magazine the other night.
Doug, any contacts with Mr. B lately or planned?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Doug, any contacts with Mr. B lately or planned?

I was there a week and a half ago and plan to be back within a few! Last time I had a few Fahrenheit 451 actors with me and we read a short play for him. Brought the theatre to him, if you will! He loved it, and it will (I hope) become a regular occurrence!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw, sweet.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, you've motivated me! I had wanted to send him a few recordings of my reading a couple of his stories (in view of his difficulties with his eyesight, of late), and it completely slipped my mind! What would be the best format, disc or tape? Thanks.

Say "hello" at your next visit!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Doug, you've motivated me! I had wanted to send him a few recordings of my reading a couple of his stories (in view of his difficulties with his eyesight, of late), and it completely slipped my mind! What would be the best format, disc or tape? Thanks.

Say "hello" at your next visit!
f

CDs should play just fine on his Blu-Ray player. I'm sure he'd enjoy it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just recently read "Remember Sascha?" and I love it. May be the most touching and beautiful story I have ever read!
Funny how you can be a Bradbury devotee for several decades and still keep finding treasures.

There were faces with echoes in them. Echoes of hikes on ravine trails...

Posts: 9 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: 07 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post