Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Last Night of the World

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Night of the World
 Login/Join

posted
Be sure your faucets are off tonight. Or don't, it may not matter.

Read end of the world stories if you have a chance.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Good night," he said after a moment.
"Good night," she said.

I wonder if I'll have time to also add this to the other post topic:
"What is the last Ray Bradbury book you read?"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, crap. I fell asleep waiting for it to be midnight and woke up at 3:12 a.m.--the precise moment it was all supposed to be going down. Waited over an hour and nothing, so went to bed thinking if this dump is still here when I wake up, I'll be extremely provoked.

Drat it all anyway. I was hoping for at least a few UFOs. I hope, in any case, that no one took a page out of the movie version of this story, but stuck with the book!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's after midnight here, and no end in sight. I give up!

posted Hide Post
I am quite pleased that this was one RB story that "did not foretell accurately" of our human path!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry, I had it after the last one.