Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Stories out in the Cold

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stories out in the Cold
 Login/Join

posted
Thanks to the publication of The Stories of Ray Bradbury (1980) and Bradbury Stories (2003), it is now possible to own 200 of the master's tales by owning just two books.

Here's a great campfire discussion topic for true fans: What's the best story by Ray that still hasn't found its way into one of these two super-collections? None of my particular favorites has been left out. But what do other contributors say?

Posts: 110 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While certainly not my favorite, one story I would enjoy seeing reprinted is "The Candle", which appeared in WEIRD TALES in, I believe, 1942. A interesting point about the story is that Ray had difficulty writing the ending, and a fine ending was provided by Ray's good friend Henry Kuttner, himself a brilliant writer whose untimely death robbed speculative fiction of a great voice.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 04-25-2004).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess "The Lost City of Mars", which appeared in I Sing the Body Electric, and "R is for Rocket" (a.k.a. "King of the Gray Spaces") are the favorite ones that spring to mind. For me, anyway.

Posts: 110 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post