Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    can you help me find my favorite???

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

can you help me find my favorite???
 Login/Join

posted
My son is on his high school forensics team, and qualified for States by using one of Ray B's short stories, but I cannot now remember the name or in which book it appears. The story has to do with his remembrances about Halloween as a youth. Do you know the name and book???

Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are several like that. One is "Tricks! Treats! Gangway!" from "Reader's Digest," October 1975, and the others are book introductions. I don't think the RD article appeared in any book.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless you're referring to The Halloween Tree, which of course is a whole book.

Posts: 110 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to get a copy of Tricks! Treats! Gangway! - can anyone provide a text by e-mail or know where I can get a copy? I used to have one, but have long ago misplaced it. This is my favorite Bradbury story. I just picked up his new book, "From The Dust Returned".

Posts: 5 | Location: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post