Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Usher II
 Login/Join

posted
Is this not the coolest story ever? I just love it. I read it last year in my english class. It's the perfect companion to Fahrenheit 451 in my opinion (with the censorship and all that jazz). Love it. Anyone else share my love?

[This message has been edited by MechanicalHoundTrainer (edited 02-06-2005).]

"Go ahead now, you second-hand litterateure, pull the trigger!"

Posts: 7 | Location: Dresden, NY, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked this story because of all the Poe allusions. It got me to take out my book on Poe and review his stories, which is always a pleasurable task.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally I thought "Usher II" and "Pillar of Fire" were good stories but a bit over the top on the gore factor.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Concerning the Gore in "Usher II" I believe it was necasarry.

The house was built to get revenge on those who destroyed literature. The people who populated Mars had the motivation of getting away from the censors and the law makers.

It was a fitting end for those who burned Poe's books.

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the love of God, Montressor!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post