Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    How Clarrise changed Montag

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Clarrise changed Montag
 Login/Join

posted
Describe how Clarisse changed Montag in her own ways. Was it a major part of the story? Did she change him for the better?

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont, IL 60439 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From her he first learned curiosity. Until she came along he had never questioned anything in his life. He had always accepted everything as it was; his marriage, his home, his job, his place in society, society itself, the law, and the Government. He'd never even contemplated rain, grass, or billboards until he met her.

As for wether he was better off after meeting her than he was before meeting her....Yes, I believe so.

To live one day as a lion rather than several years as a lamb type of thing.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really think clarissa changed montags life because she got him to open up, and learn to question if what he does for a living is right, or even if the way his whole society is based upon is right. so i really think that montag was better off meeting clarissa.

Posts: 2 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clarisse Changes Montag very much in this book.I think that she changes him in a good direction. Because Guy used to not care about book and burn them, and peoples houses, not feeling anything. But when Clarisse disapears Montags starts to think, if he's happy and wants to learn how to read books. He takes the bible and goes to Fabers house, in witch they make a master plan. He even memorizes a book, witch is how people leard books back then. I think Montag believes that people should learn and read books, not burn them.

Posts: 6 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post