Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    A Veldt anyone

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Veldt anyone
 Login/Join

posted
One of my favorite stories is the Veldt. As a Child i would dream of a place that anything i wished would appear on a movie screen. Like a waterfall or ect.

When io read this story in the 5th grade it was exactly what i dreamed about. Food from the table like the Jetson and of course this "nursery"

As a kid i also wished the lions ate my brother not my parents but that is another story.

Anyone have comments?

Posts: 17 | Location: Staten Island, NY USA | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always enjoyed that story as well, not only because of the nursery and all that it and the house can do, but because of how the parent/child relationship, or lack therof, is described. I have taught it for several years to my seventh graders. Most of them like it, but a few are always shocked by it. I also had one parent, who was a school board member as well, comment that it's too violent for seventh graders. I've told about this in another posting, so I won't go on about it. The story always sparks some great class discussions.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is a great story and captures most childrens imaginations. i know i loved the idea that the parents were eaten. i wish it really happend.

Posts: 2 | Location: scotland | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post