Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What is your favourate music when reading Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favourate music when reading Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
spoken like a true woman. rather have people forget about ray than listen to classical

Posts: 10 | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. Ignorant, sexist, AND uncultured. Perhaps the best background music -- in this case -- would come from the Four Seasons: "Silence is Golden".

Now that we've both had some fun, I vote we move on.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always thought this place was for the open exchange of opinions and ideas. All the regulars like to converse with people from all over the world and in all age groups. To tell people to shut up and to engage in name calling is pointless as well as just plain rude. Stick to the topic of Ray.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I'm embarrassed. I thought I was above all this. Middle age! What a bummer!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
���� "The most merciful thing in the world...is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant we should voyage far." ���

?guess who?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going out on a limb here . . . Pee Wee Herman? (Just kidding! It's an interesting quote!)

I would probably want to debate the content, as I think our hope IS to correlate all our experience into some kind of meaningful system of thought.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 05-28-2003).]

posted Hide Post
No! Not PW
But I'll give you a clue...and the answer later this afternoon.

The quote is from a very well known fantasy writer, now deceased...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
finally someone has the guts to discipline other peoples kids now if only the rest of the world wouldlearn from mr dark...

Posts: 10 | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, since there are no takers but Mr. Dark... the answer to the above post is...

H.P.Lovecraft

Here's another:

"For those who think freedom is an endless road trip, just ask a devil about the consequences of freedom."

posted Hide Post
Misled my my own prejudices and narrow thinking. I see Lovecraft as a "horror" writer -- not a fantasy writer. So I was thinking in the completely wrong direction. In many classifications, of course, horror falls under fantasy, but that's a whole 'nother debate!

Isn't freedom a God-given risk? A right with a risk?