Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    need help about from the dusk returned...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need help about from the dusk returned...
 Login/Join

posted
...this is for school project. could somebody explain to me about the story?
really need your help about this...

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read the book, tell us what YOU think the book is about, then you'll find people will pitch in and help.

Saying, "explain the story to me . . ." does not inspire much effort on our part.

What did YOU think it was about? Did you like it? What did you like? What did you not like? Did you see any themes or recurring symbols? Did you enjoy the language?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about comparing it to other Bradbury books...such as "Something Wicker This Way Comes".

Or "Wrong After Midnight".

Or "Deaf is a Lonely Business".

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,
How about Green Shadows, Wright Whale or Golden Apples of the Sum or then, maybe, R is for Racket? Which proves beyond a doubt, you can not judge a book by its clever.

Jubei, "No harm no fowl!"
This is a difficult book to start with if you are just being introduced to RB. It actually draws on 50 years of stories and characters from previous editions and magazines. So, to get the whole idea of the plot takes a bit of cross referencing and recognition of previously developed story lines. An interesting story, nonetheless.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And who could forget my own personal favorite, "Dandelion Vine"?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could not help it this note is just from another illuminated fan...

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "The Illustrated Van" (sort of like the Partridge Family bus, only with pictures.)

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this time of night.
I'm "S is for Spaced"!!!

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, you guys just crack me up! Especially the title "Something Wicker This Way Comes." Sounds like the people from "Trading Spaces" are coming to redecorate your home....

Posts: 85 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, octobercountry: A very strange group has assemble here from all corners of the globe. Save us All!

I just finished re-reading several classic selections from "The Machineries of Roy."

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Sting the Body Electric?

Rocker Man?

Dork Carnival?

The Toynbee Conjecture?

Oh my...The Way It Pained Forever...

[This message has been edited by Illustrated Man (edited 03-31-2004).]

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: 30 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds better, somehow, than "The Machineries of Jay," doesn't it?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Illustrated Man:
Oh my...The Way It Pained Forever...

[This message has been edited by Illustrated Man (edited 03-31-2004).]

That sounds like a Harlan Ellison story!

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Flute at the Bottom of the Bowl

The Martin Chronicles

R is for Space

The Million Beer Picnic

Marionettes Sink

Quicker Than The Guy

Driving Bland

Tyrannosaurus Sex

A Hound of Thunder

(Stop me someone, please!)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
There Was an Odd Woman

Death and the Matron

The Store Line at Sunset

The Frog Horn

The Drummer Toy of Shiloh