Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the wind
 Login/Join

posted
i want this history, please send in this day,the history on my email its important

Posts: 1 | Location: mexico, irap | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark::: He's talking about the need to have a history....a lot of meaningful information, about the short story:

The Wind.

I'll have to find a copy somewhere that has it. I remember the illustration that went with it...but can't quite remember the collection it was in. Well, it'll have to wait until tomorrow (Wednesday).... I do remember it was in a collection that also had the story about the fellow who flies up in a kite, to see all of the Chinese country...the houses and palaces, etc etc...and is later destroyed with his kite so that the secret would not be devulged to others and bring invaders....

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-09-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old age has its disadvantages! Sorry.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Wind" is in "The October Country," but the only "history" I know of on it would be Donn Albright's interview with Ray on the "Dark Carnival" CD. Anyone have it and feel like transcribing and e-mailing it?

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still a bit immoble for transcription work, but it was apparently first published in Weird Tales in March of 1943. Then in Dark Carnival in 1947.

In the new Dark Carnival, Bradbury provides this short introduction to "The Wind":

"It's amazing how it's all true metaphor. Each one of these stories. It had to be that I heard the wind again and again as I was growing up. Sometimes we got some terrific ones near Waukegan. And the sound of it was always so sad, like a foghorn. So finally a day comes and you say, 'Well, I've had it -- I'm not going to let the wind get me anymore. I'll write a story about it.'"

Hope this is somewhat helpful.