Ray Bradbury Forums
Just started on the Ray Bradbury Craze

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/1367071595

24 January 2011, 03:22 PM
farmtalk
Just started on the Ray Bradbury Craze
Hi everyone! My name's Farmtalk and I just joined this site Smiler

I used to not be a huge fictional reader. I read all kinds of nonfiction, just not fiction. Anyway, I was at a yard sale over the summer and picked up a book that I thought sounded good. The story was called "Dandelion Wine". I didnt start reading it until a little past New Year's, and between school and working around the house, I havent had a lot of time to read it. But the more that i have read it, the more I enoyed the story.

I am almost finished with it, and hope to complete it tonight. I have just fallen in love with this story, and i am so glad that i bought it. I also just got "Farewell Dreams" from the library, which is the sequel to "Dandelion Wine", and I am really excited in reading it this weekend.

Thanks for listening, and keep up the superb work Mr. Bradbury! Smiler

--Farmtalk--

Ray Bradbury bookworm
24 January 2011, 05:07 PM
Blind Henry
Farewell Summer?

You should also like Something Wicked This Way Comes, and Faherenheit 451.

After that you can try October Country and the Martian Chronicles.

Plenty to keep you busy.

Welcome to the site!
24 January 2011, 08:12 PM
dandelion
Welcome, lucky reader with so much to look forward to!
25 January 2011, 04:03 PM
farmtalk
I'm so excited! My english teacher for my class this semester has Fahrenheit 451 and I think she will let me read it!!! Smiler

Unfortunately I have all advanced classes this semester, so I will be very busy, and wont have as much time as I wanted to read the books...

Thanks for the welcomings!! Smiler

Ray Bradbury bookworm
30 January 2011, 11:26 AM
Kukai_Aoki
Aw, that's really cute. I highly recommend "The Illustrated Man". Its a lot simpler to read than your average Bradbury fare, but just as enticing.

"Oh, death!"