Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Tricks! Treats! Gangway!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tricks! Treats! Gangway!!
 Login/Join

posted
I am late in posting, but wanted to let anyone know who is interested.....
Each Halloween season I make the offer to email my scanned pages of Tricks! Treats! Gangway! to those who would like a copy.

Please email me at:
bulldoggrrl2000@yahoo.com
I will be happy to send them to you!

If this, in any way, is against the rules, please delete my posting and accept my apology.

-Glenda

Posts: 15 | Location: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your generosity.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently some were upset this is a copyrighted piece so I must take back my offer and say my apologies.

Posts: 15 | Location: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bulldoggrrl, I hope this isn't because of my comments on the other thread. My complaint there was that someone else had taken Ray's words, mauled them, and published them without giving proper credit to the source. Plus they mangled the author's name.

But: YOU aren't publishing, YOU aren't denying/concealing/withholding the source, and YOU aren't mangling the original text. I see no harm in what YOU are doing.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is absolutely no harm, and what she is doing is in private messages, not openly.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/results...+II%2C+bradbury&aq=f

ENJOY!! The dialogue and sound track of this episode are "hauntingly poetic!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Halloween all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKz5st4YoZ4
Start at 7:22

It was on a night such as this that a young, beautiful woman was pressed to her limits. She could no longer accept what the future held for her. She knew she had to destroy herself before she became something she did not want to be.
"She had quarreled with her lover. She tried to send him away, but he would not be put off. He tried to put his arms around her, but she broke away from him and ran off into the stormy night. Her white dress contrasted against the darkness. He ran after her as she headed to the one place on earth that seemed to be designed for the termination of human life.
"The rain drenched her, the winds buffeted her, blowing her long hair wildly. Her clothing was torn by the low branches. Her small, white feet were bruised and mud stained by the stony, cruel path to the summit of the cliff. The shouts of her lover were lost in the wind as he ran swiftly after her. Near the top, she stumbled over a large rock. Crying hysterically, she limped and crawled to the edge of the precipice. Her lover reached her, clutched at her, spinning her around to face him.
"Her eyes were wide with terror as the lover held her tight, lips pressed against her throat. Soon, she grew limp and he released her. Suddenly, with a last surge of energy, she broke free and hurled herself off the cliff. Her screams reacted and echoed as she plunged downwards. Her body was impaled on the large, craggy rocks below. Her lover descended to the bottom of Widow's Hill and found her body, broken, lifeless, bloodless. As violent as her death was, the expression on her face was one of serenity, as if this were the best possible ending to her life."

--Barnabas Collins

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parish:
Happy Halloween all...

--Barnabas Collins

Oh, please, the first love of my life!! It's too much!!!

posted Hide Post
It seems these blasting experiences have to do with high frequency transformers.

posted Hide Post
High frequency spammers, you mean.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now "Brucehall123" is pushing real estate. These spammers are pesky and persistent. Phil, can't this posting be deleted in its entirety?

Posts: 2443 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Richard.

I've been deleting the offending links in these posts because JUST OCCASIONALLY the spammer has made a reasonable post otherwise - and because the spammer has not usually returned with the same identity.

However, Brucehall123 has returned, and has reinstated an offending commercial link, and so the post is gone for good.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Oooohh, you don't mess around. I like that.