Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Fahrenheit 451
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I think the book was a little confusing but once Bradbury introduced Clarisse, it got more interesting. She adds a lot to the story with the simple question "Are you happy?" Stop and ask yourself that- "Am I happy?" Overall I liked the book but I think that there was just a little too much science-fiction. I didn't really understand what the mechanical hound was, but Bradbury has a great imagination. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes reading.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the book was a little confusing but once Bradbury introduced Clarisse, it got more interesting. She adds a lot to the story with the simple question "Are you happy?" Stop and ask yourself that- "Am I happy?" Overall I liked the book but I think that there was just a little too much science-fiction. I didn't really understand what the mechanical hound was, but Bradbury has a great imagination. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes reading.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fahrenheit 451 was an OK book. I think that it had some good parts and some boring parts. I really didn't like the whole section about Faber's and Montag's plan. They dragged it out too long. Some parts of the book I think were repetitive. The beginning with Clarisse was good. It went fast-paced too! However,I think that Clarisse should have stuck around longer. She could have helped Montag out a lot and she wouldv'e been happy to see that he was beginning to be happy.
My favorite part of the book was whenever Montag was talking to Mildred. They have such a weird kind of relationship. Whenever they were in the parlor it was funny because Mildred tought of them as her family, and i found that kind of odd. She thought they were more of a family to her then her own husband. She was absorbrd into the TV like little kids today. For example, when Montag talks to her she doesn't really pay attention, but she can read lips.
I would recommend this book to a school because the kids in the school should read it. Everyone in our school had to read it. I think that was a good idea. if you are into sci-fi or history this is a good book for you. However, I don't like either so i just thought that this was Ok.
Buh-Bye!

Posts: 3 | Location: illinois | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't really like much about the book, but if I had to pick something I liked, then it would have to be everything Montage stood for. All he wanted was for people to understand why books are important. My favorite part of F451 would have to be when Montage killed his boss and roasted the mechanical dog. I wouldn't really recommend this book to anyone because it was confusing. It was probably the way Ray worded the book.

Posts: 3 | Location: lemont/IL/U.S.A. | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the book was ok i guess. because i liked how they burned things and all but there was not enough detail i kind of got lost a few times but other then that it was a good book.

alex fitzgerald

Posts: 2 | Location: lemont, illinois, united states | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
find a room with three walls

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Fahrenheit 451,it was a okay book to read. It wasnt the best thing in the world but somethings do stick in the mind thinking about it later on. The one thing I did like was how Clarisse has her own mind ,she is warped and censored by everything she just goes with the flow. Its like a breath of fresh air when ever Montag talks with her.She doesnt look at the main details she actually will spend time and notice everything carefully and throughly.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thing that I liked about Fahrenheit 451 was that the author Ray Bradbury spoke into the future. He talked about what could happen if we do not try to preserve what we have. He talks about the firemen starting fires instead of putting them out. That to me is a sign of a bad society. He also talks about people watch t.v. to feel a sort of happiness and acceptance. That to me is very sad. To think that people would rather watch t.v. than talking to other human beings. Talking to people spreading their ideas and beliefs to each other. I would recommend this book to people. It shows us that this author had insight to what could happen in the future. Hopefully that what he talks about will not happen to our society today.

Posts: 6 | Location: Lemont, IL, United States | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion Fahrenheit 451 is a very interesting and deep book...even though it's not the type i usually read. It makes me wonder what if someday in the future we will start burning books and ban them from every household.It's interesting to see how just one person (Clarisse) can change another man's life forever. It also shows us how some people ,especially nowadays, treat relationships so lightly. Many people lack respect and care for one another and that is usually the cause of broken couples. The people in this novel seem very afraid of facing important world issues and run away from it by watching programs on their walls. Burning houses and killing people is a normal, every day thing to do in their time. Montag realizes that he probably would have been run over by the speeding car (towards the end of the story) if he had not have fell. You see the driver was afraid that since Montag was laying down on the street there would have been a bigger impact and the driver might have fell off the road. This book teaches important life lessons and warns us of what may happen to our society if we lose respect for each other.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the beginning of the book, I really hated it. It moved at a very slow pace and was all detail. I think that as soon as Clarisse comes into Montag's life, everything around him starts to move at a quicker pace. Clarisse is the only reason why Montag began to question the reason for firemen or the real purpose for burning books. I wouldn't ncessarily NOT recommend this book but I wouldn't read it again. In some of our class discussions, a lot of topics/questions were brought up and that made me think of the book differently. One of my favorite parts of the book is at the end where Granger is telling the men about his grandfather. When Granger is talking, I think the men became more hopeful for a better future.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, F451 had just about everything that I look for in a book. I liked all of the action and other things that kept me interested in the book. I always like things being sci-fi or fantasy because it always gives that "what if" prospective on the world. Also, I really like all of the characters in the story because they each contribute in some major way to the plot. Clarisse got Montag thinking about life. Beaty was "the government" trying to keep Montag in line and trying to stop him from thinking on his own. Montag was the main character that had a major change in his life to try to make the country a better place. Mildred and her friends represented the rest of the country because of the way that they always took the easy way out of situations. Then, Faber is Montag's guide in his new world. Faber helps Montag make the right decisions, and Montag helps Faber take a more active role in the changing of the nation.

~Puuchuu Puuchuu!!

Posts: 9 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked how Farnhite 451 showed how things could someday be. It was a futuristic book and had things you would never think about. I mean people burning books�that�s crazy but you never know what could happen in the future. Another thing that was crazy in the book was the mechanical dog that had eight legs, I would have never thought of that. My favorite part would be the beginning of the story when Clarisse and Montag meet and have a conversation while walking because Clarisse basically changed Montag and I liked that. I would recommend this book to people who are interested with Science Fiction because that�s basically what its based on.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This book is one of the top books in my thoughts. Fahrenheit 451 is a book that makes the reader think about what they are reading and interests the reader. My favorite Ray Bradbury book is definitely Fahrenheit 451. Even though I havent read any of his other books, I dont think any of his other books equal up to this one.

I like this book because it inspires the reader to keep reading to find out whats happens. A lot of parts in the book keep you interested because he doesnt tell whats going to happen immediately. I im unterested in reading his other books, in the meantime, I will continue to study this book and try to figure out the message of it.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
somebody know why the book is named farenhite 451?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really happened to think that F451 was really slow and boring but as some scenes it really got me thinking on how life would really be in the future and how we we would live our life with no books and only the TV to teach us everything in the world because the parents in the book didnt care about there children. If it was me i would never care if we really didn't have books because everyone seems like they mean so much when they really dont.

Posts: 2 | Location: Lemont, Illinois, UsA | Registered: 19 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post