Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    bradbury story done as play in nyc

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bradbury story done as play in nyc
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
Many years ago, 1969 I believe, I saw a play based on a story by Ray (or at least I'm pretty sure). It seems remarkably appropriate for today's world. It was set in the future and was about a man who went for a walk. He encountered a robot policeman I think and was trying to explain why one goes for a walk on a nice evening.

Anyone have the title for me? Was it part of a collection?
Thanks for looking

Friends don't let friend drive <br />under the influence- of <br />superstition!

Posts: 1 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classic RB: "The Pedestrian" in Golden Apples of the Sun Collection (and other anthologies, I'm sure)!

See below: (click on G.A.O.S. for its original 1953 listing) http://www.spaceagecity.com/bradbury/books.htm

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can also find it in "A Medicine for Melancholy".

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post