Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Bang! You're Dead

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bang! You're Dead
 Login/Join

posted
I just read 'Bang! You're Dead.' from the book Bradbury Stories and I really loved how Mr. Bradbury's main character, Johnny Choir, was a child in a grown up's body, how he ducked bullets, and etc. It made me think about the wonders of childhood and how immortal one might think they are growing up and getting older and see this world and life as a game so this story, while made up, still reached out to me, remembering my own wonder years and I remembered how I had often felt invicible as a child myself and how everything seemed like child's play. I still feel that magic somedays when I feel down or fed up with the world and I am beginning to see that same look of invincibility in my own children's eyes as I once had in mine. Anyone else moved by this story? Just wanting to gleen over how much I enjoyed it. If you can, go and find it and read it if you haven't. It's a very entertaing short. Thanks!

Posts: 10 | Registered: 22 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also like "Bang! You're Dead" because of the same reasons you mention here. As you like this story of "make-believe-turning-into-reality" you perhaps also like "The Miracles of Jamie". This story is darker than "Bang! You're Dead" but I personally find it fascinating. By the way: there exists another Johnny Choir story which is called "The Ducker".

--------------------------------------------
contact: http://i150.photobucket.com/al...08/fotos137/mail.jpg

Posts: 28 | Location: Germany | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post