Ray Bradbury Forums
First/Favorites

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/1051025372

24 June 2004, 03:37 PM
smackey
First/Favorites
The first Ray Bradbury story I read was in the February 1950 issue of Galaxy Magazine and was titled "The Fireman." At that point be became my favorite Scifi writer. Bradbury later expanded "The Fireman" into "Fahrenheit 451." Other stories that are my favorites are: The Sound of Thunder, The Man, andThe Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl. There are many others but can't expound on them here.
24 June 2004, 04:31 PM
Nard Kordell
smackey

Welcome!

You have arrived smack dab in the middle of a fray of 'noisy'' popcorn, soda pop cans of 'belligerence', candy bars of 'lunacy', and anything else that you can throw in a theater of ideas, or around these post forums.

The ''Fahrenheits'' are at it.

Once all this cools down, the board takes on a much more mature sense of responsibility. Really!
25 June 2004, 04:46 AM
dandelion
That's right. When you've finished your fruit at the bottom of the bowl, have we got a chocolate bar for you!
06 July 2004, 01:40 PM
groon
Welcome aboard!
Please visit the "Who are YOU?" thread under the "Resources" heading, to tell us about your screen name.
23 July 2004, 07:27 PM
Beirut Wedding
My first story was "Ylla". I was a kid, I was just getting into science fiction and I had heard (I don't remember how) of a book called THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES. So I tried it and that first story blew me away.