Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    A ticket to COOGER & Darks Pandemonium Shadow Show

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A ticket to COOGER & Darks Pandemonium Shadow Show
 Login/Join

posted
Hi friends!
Here is the first thing I have been able to do inspired by Ray since his death, it's my version of a free ticket to COOGER & DARK'S Pandemonium Shadow Show...

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marvellous! But use said ticket at your peril... and whatever you do, don't ride the carousel...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... and it reminds me of this, the flyer used in the film of SWTWC:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com...98748_9510a4c4a1.jpg

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, great artwork! We watch the movie this weekend. Our sons (now both high school teens -YIKES!) really enjoyed the story. We viewed it late Saturday evening with most of the house unlit. I must admit --- SWTWC is indeed a creepy tale.

They appreciated the outcome that arrived when the right decisions and strong characters faced up to Mr. Dark and all he "had to offer!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! Thanks for reminding me about the perils of the carousel! I love that book, SOMETHING EICKED THIS WAY COMES. The book is like a crazy painting! It's very inspiring to me.
I like the movie a lot. I wish Ray had been the voice over like he was for The Halloween Tree".

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall Ray saying that he did do some voice recording for the SOMETHING WICKED narration, but he wasn't very good; by the time he got to HALLOWEEN TREE in the 1990s, he had had a lot more practice and was better at it.

Still, the voice on the movie is pretty good (Arthur Hill). There was a kind of audiobook made from the movie soundtrack, and this had Orson Welles as narrator!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Wow! I'd love to hear the Orson Welles recording!
Did Ray record an audiobook version of THE HALLOWEEN TREE?

posted Hide Post
As far as I know, the only audio versions of THE HALLOWEEN TREE are a Michael Prichard reading from 1990 and the Colonial Radio Theatre dramatisation from about four years ago.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Also actor Bronson Pinchot narrated THE HALLOWEEN TREE for Blackstone Audio last year.

Always great to see artwork by randomyork!

2012 marks the 50th Anniversary of the publication of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES! (and S IS FOR SPACE).

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Still, the voice on the movie is pretty good (Arthur Hill).

He was perfect.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post