Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray's address
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's address
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My cousin logged onto Microsoft's new cameras, and paid the extras $ to give the detailed zooms. And lo, there's the detail of even the breed of dog in the back yard. I, personally, don't mind this. But I wonder how does this play in the hands of our enemies?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
jkt
A quick google of your name turned up your address, along with Forry Ackerman....

Good for you. Sure glad I'm just a nobody.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for me? Why is that?
No, seems you are pretty important.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish the would tell us when they are driving by so that I can MOON the camera through the front window.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Good for me? Why is that?
No, seems you are pretty important.

Not meant for you, Phil.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask!

They may not have gone by your place yet, so you may just get the opportunity. But in later review, they'd likely digitally remove your as*. There is a website that showed you what some of the things Google removed, like drunks lying on the street after a party, burning cars on the side of the road, etc. There you may find fame.

Google your address and in the Google map check to see if your street on the map is outlined in blue. If it is, then they've traveled down your street. If not, they haven't gone by yet.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I understand - it took captive my soul as well. It's my favourite book.

I too understand. And The Martian Chronicles is my favorite book as well.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all clear. So, I will not be able to him to write. Where I know from, who me will answer, if I will write to him through every there agents. Especially as probably not why to write to the man, simply from a desire, that one answer of the best pens of the world and very good man wrote you. Now there are little such people.

Posts: 5 | Location: Belarus | Registered: 17 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El:
all clear. So, I will not be able to him to write.

Email me. forrestjbradbury at gmail dot com.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury is VERY popular in Russia. I`ve been reading his books all through my childhood. Many readers would just like to THANK the great man for what he is doing nd nothing more. If there`s anyone close to him, PLEASE, send our love and appreciation of his works!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to write to Mr. Bradbury, though like many others, I am at a loss of how to do this through the correct channels. Email is fine, but for someone who has, for a loss of a better word, impacted so many lives (including mine), a hand written note seems more personal. So four questions, one - is there a publisher or an agent that it would be proper for me to send the note through (or even email if that is easier) and if so, who would that be and how would I go about contacting them (I live and teach middle school on the east coast, so as much as I would love to go see Mr. Bradbury at an event , it is just not in the cards for me). Lastly, are these publisher/agents good about forwarding messages to him? I know at 30 I am just a kid compared to those that have been reading his works since he began, but I will never forget randomly picking up a book of short stories, my senior year, from my English teacher's shelf - it spun my world in the best possible way and hasn't stopped since. I would just like to let him know.

Posts: 1 | Location: MD | Registered: 28 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KL:
I would love to write to Mr. Bradbury...

Email me. forrestjbradbury at gmail dot com.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daniel.chance:
omg, people here, I have several Ray Bradbury autographs from this, look up stuff people!

Ray Bradbury
address deleted by reply
USA

This REALLY should NOT be posted in a public forum!!!!! Have you NO respect for the man????? Mad

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Calling dandelion! dandy, do you still have admin privileges on here? The message above needs editing/deleting to protect Mr B's privacy.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion responding: I deleted the original message but left the highly appropriate reply.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post