Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray's address
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's address
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Dandelion responding: I deleted the original message but left the highly appropriate reply.

You are a Dandy and I ain't Lyin'. (all together now, Groan.) Thank you.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good work. "dandelion" is from the French for "teeth of a lion", you know.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I mentioned that long ago - maybe a similar stiuation.
She's a pip.
Have you read her book?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All this gives me a warm fuzzy yellow glow.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
All this gives me a warm fuzzy yellow glow.

Clarise was the one that had Montaq rub a dandelion under his chin to see if he was in love...so that must be where your warm fuzzy yellow glow comes from...

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I missing something or what? Ray's address is simply available on the internet at a variety of resources. That goes with a lot of people in the public eye. It would be different in some other age if that info was not available anywhere else.

But if a black-out of an address is desirable here, then at least a permanent address should be allowed on the opening page of this website for contact address say, thru his publisher or agent.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Am I missing something or what? Ray's address is simply available on the internet at a variety of resources.

Well, I think the only thing you're missing is that we have no control over the internet (which many won't bother with or won't think of), but we do have control of being so blatant on a public forum.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:

But if a black-out of an address is desirable here, then at least a permanent address should be allowed on the opening page of this website for contact address say, thru his publisher or agent.

Feel free to put pen to paper and make that request of the publisher.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Feel free to put pen to paper and make that request of the publisher.

Yeah, and while you're at it ask them to fix everything else folks here don't like about the site! See if anyone responds or even notices.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, and while you're at it ask them to fix everything else folks here don't like about the site! See if anyone responds or even notices.

Like "Ray Bradbury Hompage".

I didn't even know he was a Buddhist!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's Zen Gospel Singing. Just Om, Om, sweet Om!

posted Hide Post
I thought hompage was something you took. Like humbrage.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

I thought it was Umbridge. Like Dolores.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought hompage was something you pay. Like homage.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

I thought it was Umbridge. Like Dolores.

I thought Umbridge was where The Archers live.

[Note: I expect tinkerbell to get this, and possibly BII. Everyone else here is entitled to be baffled!]

- Phil