Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Thanks to Ray Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Mr. Bradbury,
I hope you get a chance to see this, and I hope you are well. My name is David Pendery. I have been a lifetime fan of your work. I began reading your work when I was a teen, and though I have not followed you as closely since 'Death is a Lonely Business'--a book I loved, wonderful atmospherics--I always carry your work with me. Even my email address is based on your Jim Nightshade--though that name was already taken, and I had to use James Nightshade.

I wrote you a letter of appreciation in the early 1980s, after reading 'Long After Midnight.' You kindly answered the letter, with a poem you had written, and signed. I still have that document. As you get older, I wanted to write you again to express my profound appreciation for your work.

Thanks again for the memories. 'Something Wicked this way Comes' is probably your major work for me, but throughout the years your short stories probably attracted me most. 'The Crowd' still influences me greatly, as does 'The Long Rain' and 'The Pedestrian.' I could go on and on--who wields me, wields the world!.

Thank you again sir, needless to say you are a treasure. All the best to you and yours.

David Pendery
Taipei, Taiwan

Posts: 1 | Location: Taipei, Taiwan | Registered: 27 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James
Nightshade

Pretty good chance I'll see Ray Bradbury later this week. I'll make a copy of your 'posting' and hand it to him. Words like these really do encourage his heart.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post