Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Just discovered Ray Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just discovered Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Found one of his books in a used book section and started reading. I like to sketch and draw and a short ways into his book I realized that his writing is so good it creates mental images....so this is a quick sketch I did using just a few line or two from kaleidoscope. Looking forward to reading more of his work.

ImageP6040574_copy.jpg (115 Kb, 18 downloads)

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roady,

Congrats on your newly found author.

Wait until you stumble upon his description of a pair of tennis shoes. Forty years ago, in my public speaking college class, my professor let me read that outloud instead of my writing something myself. He had never read that passage before and was totally blown away.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great drawing, I really like it!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep reading, Roady!!!
Check the images of Joe Mugnaini as related to Mr. Bradbury's earliest works: http://www.google.com/search?h...h&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Yes. The Dandelion Wine images are timeless!! (jkt's post). Take the trip via Martian Chronicles (pure poetry narrated throughout). So many RB titles that will surely continue to inspire...

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the drawing. I like the fact that you were inspired. Let this passionate writer continue to inspire fine work!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments and tips. It's been awhile since I stumbled upon a good author and it's good to see there's plenty of reading material ahead.
Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roady:
...and it's good to see there's plenty of reading material ahead.

He writes 'em faster than I can buy 'em!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post