Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    You Might REALLY be a Ray Bradbury fan if:

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Might REALLY be a Ray Bradbury fan if:
 Login/Join

posted
You might be a Ray Bradbury fan:
- if you become obsessed with being the first on your block to actually possess a cupful of the sun.

- if your house is the only one on the block to escape a nuclear disaster and your appliances keep everything perfectly neat long after your death by radiation poisoning.

- if you notice your cow is growing a horn, your wife is getting sexier and more golden eyed, and your son recommends moving to those curious Martian ruins in the hills.

- if the sound of rain on your space helmet drives you mad.

- if you've been trying to kill your co-workers because you believe their cubicles contain "three more extra days of life."

- if you develop a sudden and irresistable urge to destroy every annoying electronic device on the planet. (extra fan points for actually getting jail time)

- if you think it's hilarious to convince the local midget he's getting SHORTER and SHORTER.

- if every three or four years, you pack your things and move on to another good hearted family, whom you hope won't realize you're not 12 years old anymore.

- if you won't go to Chicago, because you're convinced, that upon entering, it will eat you.

- if, upon every full moon, you have your bed put at the edge of the forest, in hopes of getting laid and kicking your lithium pills.

- if you can't afford to take your family to the Grand Canyon, so instead you sell your business to build a cheap facimile that briefly convinces them they're flying over it.

- if you know, just KNOW that this will be the day, the minute, the second you'll finally catch up with the ever illusive UPS man that seems to deliver everyone elses' packages on time.

- if your baby is trying to kill you.

- if your children are trying to lure you into a den of lions.

- if you have a man that resembles Rod Stieger living next door that is really into S and M, and is covered with tattoos. (Extra fan points if you experience hallucinatory dreams of the future every time you stare at said tattoos.

- if you think that your flatscreen t.v.s should exist on three walls, but that the coolest people have them on all four walls.

- if you're at any job anywhere that has more technology to it than you have know how, but, it's still no big deal because the machine does it for you.

- if you've read all the above, and get the references.

Peace Out.

Posts: 11 | Location: Los Angeles, California, USA | Registered: 07 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good, good )
Rather witty
glad to meet you,
Artem, Moscow

Posts: 1 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought there was already a thread started on this. Why a new one? And I believe you posted this twice.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I deleted it once, and it popped back up again. Not unlike my experiences with the dandelions in my yard!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you're right about that. I guess I was grandstanding my late night procrastinate-from-doing-other-things-hard work by posting it again. I've never posted before a day or two ago so I suppose I didn't know any better. Sorry if I broke any sacred rules or anything, I didn't mean to destroy the fabric, or thread of the site. But doesn't fabric seem more of a Bradburyian term?

It was shameless self promotion. I guess I'm either a closet writer or a closet politician, or I'm just plain shameless. But I assure you, I do have shame, which is why I'm continuing to write this apology when I should have just said sorry and stopped about two hundred words ago.

sorry.

Posts: 11 | Location: Los Angeles, California, USA | Registered: 07 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I just read your post Dandelion. Must have skipped it somehow but found it when I checked my post. Didn't realize you deleted it or that it was a rule to stick to a certain thread, I'm very new to the net and these sorts of forums. I guess i posted it once and just thought that for some reason it didn't actually go through.

Sorry again. If we were floating aimlessly in space together after a "kaleidoscopic" collision, I swear I wouldn't be mean or anything as I waited to die, my limbs being chopped off one by one by space dust and tiny meteorites. But, that doesn't mean I wouldn't deserve it.

Thanks.

L.

posted Hide Post
It's not so much a rule as a means of allowing people to be involved in a thread of ideas. I don't think this is anti-Bradburian. He has long dialogues where you don't have to skip back and forth from one page to another to be involved in the exchange of ideas. It's a bit like the students who post the same question in multiple forums. When I see that, I just don't respond. Same here. If there's a thread that includes a topic, and you have something to say on that topic, it enhances the exchange of ideas if we can all discuss the same theme in a single thread, rather than having to chase the same thought all over the board.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post