Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    If I ever dreamed of a grandfather...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I ever dreamed of a grandfather...
 Login/Join

posted
I have found the greatest and deepest inspiration in Ray Bradbuty's work, specially in his Martian Chronicles and the stories that some how relate to that wonderful book.
I have read it at least once every year since the first time I came across the book, which was about ten years ago.
I completely coincide and feel deeply moved by his perception of Mankind, of the way he depicts us as a destructive, yet somehow naive and irresponsible race of beings who are unable to see the strong implicances of our deeds.
I truly enjoy and feel carried away by his breathtaking descriptions, his hability to build ambiences and environments, by his poetic methapors and the images he is able to build in our minds.
My 4 year old son always asks me for a bed time story... I will definitely start reading him The Martian Chronicles when he is a little bit older, an able to start understanding its misterious, incredible, fantastic and freightening yet somehow hopeful stories.
My dead grandfather used to amuse my summer afternoons as a youth with his stories of the past. If Ray Bradbury could somehow replace my dead grandfather, I am sure he would amuse the afternoons that lay in my future summers with his stories of tha past, the present and the future.

Thanks, Ray, for filling my head with poetic narration and logic fantasy.

Posts: 1 | Location: Santiago | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post