Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    did ray's book inspire you ?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

did ray's book inspire you ?
 Login/Join

posted
It inspired alot. I think i can read it more than once after. This book inspried my by all the book burning i think that book burning is great. I do not like to read so if you are cought read they burn the books and your house. I also like the wall size tv's in the houses. the billards are cool to the are 2,000 miles long because you go so fast.

Posts: 4 | Location: lemont,il | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book didnt't really inspire my life but it left a reminder to make sure that you make your own decisions.

Posts: 9 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It inspired me a lot. It showed me how our society is changing and that we shouldnt have to conform with everyone around us. The most interesting person in the book I thought was Clarisse, but she was considered "anti-social" and "dangerous". I think that is how our society today is. We consider people who are not like us wierd. Clarisse just didnt want to conform to everyone else.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
F451 DIDNT CUASE ME TO HAVE SOME SORT OF HOLY EPIPHANY, BUT I CAN SAY THAT IT HAS MADE ME MORE CONSCIOUS ABOUT EVERY DAY ISSUES. THE WAY THAT THE CHARACTERS' MINDS IN F451 WERE SO DORMANT REALLY SCARED ME BECAUSE OF HOW IT RELATES DIRECTLY TO SOME OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW AND I HOPE THAT OUR SOCIETY WILL NEVER SINK THAT LOW. SO I GUESS THE INSPIRATION THAT I GOT FROM F451 WAS TO BE MORE HUMAN INSTEAD OF COMFORMING TO MASS THOUGHT(WHICH IS A TERM I GOT FROM MY ENGLISH TEACHER).

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Thought that ray really wrote this book quite well. I had to read this book over the summer for summer reading. When i first thought about this, obviusly didn't feel to excited, but i started to read this book, and i think its really interesting. It really is amazing how so many of the things that way said about things happening in the book, actually happened in real life. Basically just showing all of the censorship. The government is taking over everything moderating what we say , do , watch , and things like that. This book and how people aren't allowed to read books shows that there trying to stop people from doing things. In Real life, people are trying to stop you from doing things, like the recent topic on the news about making it illegal for regular people to own fire arms. In The book, there trying to make it so there are no books in the world, so they punish people and burn there houses until there are no more books Left. I think that this book really shows some great examples of whats happening now, how the end of the book is kind of predicting a big war like a world war 3, much like what is going on now in the middle east and iraq. I think its just really amazing how ray bradbury has come up with these ideas of things that will happen, and stuff like this really does happen, After reading the first few sections, i actually finished the whole book, which is somthing i rarely do, but i just think this book was really neat.

Proud Student Of L.H.S

Posts: 5 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I disagree, i dont think that this book has inspired me or anything like that, because i didnt even really like this book, it was alright but it wasn't one of the best books i have ever read. One thing that it made me think of how i would feel if the world acually was like that

Posts: 4 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No it didn't really inspire me because the book farienheit 451 ( only book i read from all the stories he wrote) was really strange and confusing. The book didn't make sense to me at all.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont,ILLinois,USA | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post