Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Blown away!....like a dandelion.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blown away!....like a dandelion.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Braling
II and all others, hear ye hear ye, I have successfully changed my name to Robot Lincoln so as not to steal thunder. Any other Robot Lincolns(hope there isn't)shall just have to dodge that bullet with me.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robot Lincoln? Hey, I think I saw you at Disneyland years ago. Good show!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect name, and just three days till the original Lincoln's birthday!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at Disneyland many years ago watching the summer fireworks, how I sometimes miss southern Ca.
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Robot Lincoln? Hey, I think I saw you at Disneyland years ago. Good show!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I dig your handle as well. Dandelion Wine is way up in my favorite book list. I glean something different from it everytime I pick it up. I have a file on the puter called Bradburyisms. Heres one I recently ran into, "They departed like the pale fragments of a final twilight in the history of a dying world". Heavy, very heavy heady stuff bottled there!
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Perfect name, and just three days till the original Lincoln's birthday!

posted Hide Post
Which, I am learning, he derives a lot of from Thomas Wolfe.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Innocent, I wish Ch.31.
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
Col. Freeleigh...er, um, Robot Lincoln,
You know, you really did do something wonderful for Ray. You gave him one more person to be kind to.—Best

Note: This posting under continuouse revision as long as names are changed to protect the inocent.