Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Marionettes Inc.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marionettes Inc.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes but there’s the horror of Toody’s wife, Lucille. “Ooh! Ooh!”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got me chuckling on that one!
Beatrice Pons was it? Something like that. My best friend's mom looked just like her!
(shudder)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also love CSI, but what I don't think is realistic is that they really spend that amount of time and that amount of money on every murder victim. I also love the original Law and Order, as you mentioned, Robert, and I must say I was totally caught by surprise when they killed off the latest assistant D.A. I had no idea that was coming. And the real life death of Jerry Orbach was devastating. He's always been my second favorite character, right behind Chris Noth. And he was a multi-talented actor, too, doing Broadway musicals and all kinds of other great roles. Plus he often won Celebrity Jeopardy!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The attached is not a picture of Beatrice Pons.

Imagecar54_0001.jpg (56 Kb, 7 downloads)

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen Bones on Fox, that one, and House.
Are my Favorites.!

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m still waiting for someone to come out with a show as good as “The Defenders” with E. G. Marshal and Robert Reed.

posted Hide Post
I have owned the Ray Bradbury Theater 63 Episode DVD Collection for about a year now. At first there were mixed reviews from the general public visiting here.

Now, after viewing many of episode in the collection several times, it is my opinion the works should be a part of every RB fan's library. The more you view and listen to them, the more the poetry and (straight from the written page) imagery flows from the dialogue spoken by the actors.

I would very much like to know if there is technique to capture just the audio from the discs and thus be able to listen to their dialogue and sound effects. They would stand up to any previously released cassette or radio adaptations of RB works.

re: RobotLincoln, how add this as a "must" ~
A sample of the wonder:
-from The "Toynbee Convenctor"
(Eloquently spoken by the great James Whitmore)

"There is no time machine. It never went anywhere. My time has come. Time for the truth. People had stopped believing in themselves. Bad news at 11, worse news at 7. We wept at the grave of our child, and we were our child. We had dug our own graves. We had prepared to lie down in them.

No one listened. Then one night, I was re-reading HG Wells and his wonderful Time Machine!

They wanted to believe me and they did.

In the last 100 years we have crossed many frontiers because we have seen the wonder. It is not the end of the journey. It is just the beginning. Many frontiers lie beyond. The Universe is ours.

I nominate you "son," to explain the father. God's speed!

Any civiliaztion that does not run to the future, to seize it and shaper it, is doomed to die with the past!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp, Here is how I transferred my cassette audiio books to cds. There is a software recording program that is easy to use. I had it on my old computer till it crashed. Recently I needed it again so I went to the website and downloaded it for a free trial period(14 days). Its called Polderbits. It will allow you to play dvds on your computer while recording the sounds in wav formatt that you can then burn to disc. Good luck.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.L. Now that is really a great lead. My teaching conlcudes in a week or so. I will make this a "summer project." I will let you know how it goes when completed.

The sound tracks really are very well done, as any one with the collection can attest. The conflict, suspense, hope, and joy of RB' writing really comes through in them - as his hand was in the mix throughout Theater's run.

Thanks much, Robot!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451, your very welcome. Your right about the soundtracks. I never thought about that, it would be cool to travel or something while listening. I plan on doing that in Oct., listening to F-451 or Martian Chronicles read by Ray, on my way to Greentown!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post