Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Marionettes Inc.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marionettes Inc.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone, I just received Ray Bradbury Himself and The Ray Bradbury Theatre, all the episodes. I started to listen a little bit of the audio book. How awesome to hear Ray talk about the making of Martian Chronicles and then proceed to read it! It puts my reading aloud to shame! It is so soothing and exciting at the same time. Waiting on F-451 read by Ray also.

Also started to watch the Theatre. I watched The Crowd and Marionettes Inc. Braling, I must say, you didn't look like I thought you would, but I am usually wrong in my visual assumptions. I also realized after watching that I was pronouncing your name wrong. I was saying Brawling instead of Brailing. I couldn't help thinking of this board when watching it. I may save the audio book for when I travel to Waukegan.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Robot Lincoln. I am up and awake. If you see this call me on my cell phone. I will be up for a while. (954) 579-0003. It is now 12:44 AM our time. I'll be here.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bot,
"... Braling, I must say, you didn't look like I thought you would..."

Yeah, I don't look like I thought I would either!!!

(reminds me of a great Chico Marx quote: "Hey! He thinks I look alike!")

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robot, some of my favs. from RBTh:
To the Chicago Abyss
Pedestrian
Wonderful Death of Dudley Moore
Usher II
The Moon Be Still as Bright
Anthem Sprinters
Great Wide World Over There

The philosophical Ray Bradbury comes through especially clearly in these episodes, I feel. Upon successive viewings, the poetry of the words spoken by the protagonists become figuratively and emotionally profound.

We just watched Pedestrian, Usher, and Chicago Abyss to accompany F451 Sr. lit. unit. I also assigned s.s.The Exiles. The students have been riveted. What a privilege to teach this man's works, even as he continues to inspire us with more amazing accomplishments. "Forever", indeed...

Biplane ~ great "cover" and wonderful gift to you (Farewell Summer). I look forward to the book's release and sitting down - to reading, just reading!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...Wonderful Death of Dudley Moore..."

!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks fjp451, I am watching them in order with my ten year old. He is showing an exuberant interest in everything R.B. as I already am.

B-Two, LOL!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have an old version of the Veldt, if anyone wants to ILL it. Check out www.weber.edu..
gotta git.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Moore", "Stone"....what's the difference of a "t" or "m" here or an "n" or "r" there.

Braling, you're a regular CSI: RBSiter! I knew if anyone was to pick up Miss Cue, it'd be you.

Arthur, Author...tomatoes!

Can you relate to "Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl?"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can! I can! That's one story that really creeped me out. I think of it when I do things like get up from bed, throw on my bathrobe, go outside and make sure my car windows are up - knowing all the time that they are, BUT, just to be sure...
It's also one episode of RB Theatre I haven't seen and would love to. I'll probably have to buy the set someday.

"CSI:RBSiter" ? ¿Qué quiere decir eso?

posted Hide Post
The set is priced right (around $25 at Best Buy) and you would not regret the investment.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RE: "CSI" is an innovative, new type of crime drama because the characters use cutting-edge forensic tools to examine the evidence to solve the case. Rather than a 'whodunnit' cop show (investigating witnesses/suspects), CSI explores the 'howdunnit'. CSI has been the number one scripted series in the Neilsen ratings for three years running. CSI is now in its sixth amazing season.
Thus, CSI: R.B.Siter (vs. prime time, CSI:NY or CSI:Miami).

Pero, uno momento. No televisión. Si?

Have you seen http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/ ?

posted Hide Post
Sounds like a similar approach as that used in Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme novels.
As to TV, tú tienes razón. But I can still tell you who played Miss Landers on "Leave It To Beaver"!

posted Hide Post
Yeah... it IS a good show, I will admit. But what about all those squeamish inside-the-dead-body shots...

I watch the regular version of Law and Order. (LOL)

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert, I agree with you on those graphic shots.
And I enjoy CSI very much but the unrealistic thing is that no one is going to be hanging around a body that has undergone some degree of decomposition without wearing a mask, smearing Vick's Vapor Rub under their nose, or otherwise trying to minimize the stench that would be very prevalent.

And particularly there have been a couple of instances where bodies have been burned. Have you ever smelled a burnt body, or even singed hair? Not good. So I would appreciate it if they would depict those scenes more realisticly.

posted Hide Post
I prefer "Car 54 Where Are You?" myself...

we do digress