Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Is anyone else?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is anyone else?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Once at a historical reenactment-type gathering, a rather rough-looking Mountain Man character challenged me with, "You haven't quit writing, have you?" "Why...no." "Good, because if you do someone ought to hit you between the eyes with something!" It remains the best compliment to my writing. What has been the best compliment to yours?

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Robot. Maybe I can buy you a cup 'o joe this summer if we can get your way.

Dandelion, interesting question. In Jr College, there was an advanced comp class. The assignment was the garden-variety research paper, but a couple of us badgered the instructor until he allowed us to be "creative" with our submissions. I read a SS I'd written about an old couple sitting on a park bench just talking to each other, reminiscing about their lives and love. When I finished, this PhD professor said, "My God, I wish I could write like that," and I've kept that compliment with me all these years, still wanting to believe it.

If, in my lifetime, I can ever hold halfthe power Ray has over words--I would be fulfilled.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post