Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
No takers then? It must be that you are unsure of your beliefs or rather that you are so sure of them that you have no need of facts and real truth, faith will do you just fine. So be it.

Sayanara, Adios, Au Revoir, Shalom, and Goodbye

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya know what Jesus was doing during the "missing" (ooh!) years berween ages 12 and 30?
What every other devout traditional Jewish boy was doing; learning his father's trade. (Of course, in this case the trade of His stepfather.)
Also traditional are being able to question your elders at length about religious matters at around age 12; and deciding whether or not to continue in your father's trade at around age 30.
Ring any bells?

Hey! Ya know what I found on this web site?
It took some doing as these were quite buried, but there are some who have actually written some very interesting posts about the writing of one Ray Bradbury!!!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shalom is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
or rather that you are so sure of them that you have no need of facts and real truth, faith will do you just fine.

I'd rather not do a great deal of research, contact scholars, perform a full refutation of most of the claims made in said conspiracy regarding the Egyptian book of the dead and "temple writings", only to have said conspiracy theorist simply take a step back, and say:

"this source is garbage, sure, but how about THIS one?"

Because what keeps oddball conspiracies alive is best stated in the quote: "a lie gets halfway around the world before truth even has time to put its pants on."

Most crackpot conspiracy theories, however, only stay afloat as long as they don't make too much of a noise; if they do, the real experts come in to nail the coffin down.

As to Braling: You'll here no more of this from me, I'm taking your advice, whether or not the conspiracy evangelism continues here.

So, how about this Bradbury fellow?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ta, very much, Nico.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, now some words from his own mouth, '06:
http://images.google.com/imgre...nUS234US236%26um%3D1

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, fjp451 for that insightful interview...

For years I've been trying to make sense of where Bradbury is going with all that he says and do. In like sense, myself as well. Where does this traveling and running after get one?

If Bradbury were not so complicated in term of destination, in my view, he wouldn't be so difficult to understand. But my current understanding of the man is...that he's still not finished. If he were to die today, he wouldn't be finished, at least from what I've read of what he has to say in his latest offerings. Finished in terms of what it all means! Today it is all a mystery to Bradbury. Nothing seems to have an answer. If that be so, then the trail may lead to many destinations along the way, but ultimately, the trail itself leads...to nowhere.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure the trail leads to nowhere. Perhaps he's just sure where the trial is going...

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark!

How can he know? He already has said in many talks that the universe and creation is a mystery. And if he only knows, he has not expressed it in anything other than writing about continuing the human species on other worlds. He dramatically opposes the idea of the existence of other life on other planets, tho he writes about it.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He seems to contradict himself a lot. After Close Encounters of the Third Kind came out he was all for meeting up with the mothership whether they came here or we went there.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great truth is contradictory!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
Great truth is contradictory!

Say what?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RE: Above "quote"
As I see it:
The truth is, that's a great contradiction!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems okay not to "know" where one is going. I think a lot of life is taken on faith and intuition. Reason is powerful and necessary, but I am not sure you can "reason" your way to God. God knows. We seem to believe. Though, the quest for knowledge, that dangling piece of fruit on the tree. . . oh, how tempting that piece of fruit is for mankind. I think we do what we can here. As for knowing God. I believe God reveals himself or He is not known.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, how about those oranges?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post