Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Or, they could go the other way and replace one of two legs with a prosthesis containing a birdcage.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic-

There's never an issue of denying the way one is. A misunderstanding on that. It's about setting it aside.
There are certain things I know about myself that are very culturally popular and I would have made big money on in the past, but I learned not to act on it. Why? If I am to reflect the image of God in which I was created, I need to understand in my behavior there are certain things that do not reflect that image. Most important, I don't find any power whatsoever in myself to overcome it.
I can emotionally hold my breath, so to speak, but that does not set anything aside. It actually makes matters worse. When I accepted Christ, I am going to spend the rest of my life in the process of understanding how his perfect self can be absorbed into my psyche and soul. And THAT is how things not reflecting God gets set aside. Thru life, little by little, it's now Christ in me, not me.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
There are certain things I know about myself that are very culturally popular and I would have made big money on in the past, but I learned not to act on it.

Well now you have to tell us what these things are.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed! (It sounds unlikely...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr Knox, You speak in tongues. May we have that in plain American please...OR English...OR Latin if you prefer.

And you still haven't answered my question. Are you a fundamentalist?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tinkerbell
Trying to say a lot in a small area sometimes requires condensed language. Where do you want me to begin?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The USA and The Old Country - two countries separated by a common language!

As they say.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Francesco is a great name!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil Knox
You trouble me. I think you could use a hug.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spauling
If you trot out that cliche AGAIN, I shall personally throttle you!

posted Hide Post
Throttle is a good word. So is cliche.

(So is "Spauling"...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two common countries divided by a different spelling ...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted:
If you trot out that cliche AGAIN, I shall personally throttle you!

And I hate cliches! I don't know what possessed me.

I shall fairly throttle myself.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
But Spauling is a good word.

As is throttle.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Tink seems to really want to "reach out and touch someone" - hugs and throttles!
We'd better all get together someday so she can do this.
I've got dibs on the first hug!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post