Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Christ story around for a few thousand years before Christ. How about ALWAYS been around. Of course! Have you forgotten that Christ (called the Word) existed before the creation of the world, and He is permeated in all that exists. Or have you forgotten all that? Oh yea, then there is the case of redemption.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Once you realize that the Christ Story has been around the block for a few thousand years BEFORE CHRIST...

True enough. Midrash anyone?

Furthermore... Salamander's posting says it all.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Christ story around for a few thousand years before Christ. How about ALWAYS been around.

See? There you go!

The Christ is the Word of God.

The Bible is not.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding~

Let's not start going popular culture on me.
The Christ is the WORD!

In the beginning was the WORD.

another translation:
Before there was a beginning, there was always the WORD.

When the WORD became a human, he was then called Jesus the Christ.

Words from Rick Warren, who visited with Ray at home a few months back. Oh yeah! We have an election coming up!"

http://saddlebackfamily.com/blogs/newsandviews/index.html?contentid=1502

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
quote:
I saw Bill Maher's Religulous and I thought it hit home pretty well. Not just one of the world's religions, but all of them, a sorry excuse for the truth. Once you realize that the Christ Story has been around the block for a few thousand years BEFORE CHRIST, it make you wonder why anyone would believe in the story at all.

Hold up, hold up, patrask.

Are you telling me that Religulous, which was supposed to be a harmless comedy poking fun at religions, contained the same "Jesus throughout history" conspiracy theory as the Zeitgeist movie? I've spoken to people who watched the Religulous, and they failed to mention this. I bet the movie didn't mention it at all.

Do you realize that the claims you have affixed yourself to are virtually non-existent? That they are based around sources that do not exist? Do you realize that many of these "sources" come from Aleister Crowley, one of the world's most famous source-forgers, who managed to "translate" the Tao Te Ching without being able to speak or write Chinese?

Please, friend, practice informational hygiene! Think for yourself!

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Baloney comes in lots of forms and conspiracy theories have punctuated human history. I would pay no attention to such absolute nonsense.

Ok, you asked:

Yes, the first part of the movie Zeitgeist was also referenced in the movie Religulous. The sources are well known and if you wish to read the best books I know, that reference other scholars who have studied this for the last several hundred years, then go here:

www.TruthBeKnown.com

D. M Murdock, a lady scholar who has done a great deal of research in this area, is the person also known as Acharia S (psueudonym - name de plume) necessary for her safety sake. There are three important books that she has published, the most recient is a shorter, easier to read version of the others: Who Was Jesus? - Fingerprints of The Christ. I would recommend this book, and the predesessors, to anyone looking for the Truth, behind the myths.

There is just too much that parallels the earlier beliefs in other gods and the Christ story coupled with the emphatic lack of any collablorating evidence for any written accknowledgemnt of a historical Jesus other than the four canonical gospels, MMLJ, of the New Testament. Read, research and then judge for yourself.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defeat Proposition 8!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a shame there even has to be a prop. 8.
California voters have already voted on this issue, only to have 4 adjudicators (not legislators) overrule the will of the majority.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It'll pass. After all, this is still America.

Even though California is one of the last liberal bastions left in this country, they're nowhere near Europe.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thank God.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great prayer.

God bless him, he sure had heart and soul.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A great prayer indeed. Almost as important as John Lennon's Imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOkxRLzBf0

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Thank God.

You do realize that if this were 1950 you would be saying that black to white intermarriage should be banned by law. Hate is Hate. God willing this will end in America and we will all learn to love our differences ans eachother without the fear. Bradbury was ahead of the curve with his early story about this in The Other Foot.

posted Hide Post
quote:

More!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask

IMAGINE is a farce in the face of a Saviour who died for me. Even the young singer David Archuletta on American Idol wouldn't sing certain parts of the song because of its anti-God stance.

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/john_lennon/imagine.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Salamander,

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I take your point - as a Christian, the part about "imagine there's no heaven" always kind of bothered me, but he doesn't really say there's no God.

But I get Lennon's point, and don't think he intended it to be anti-God, but George was by far the most spiritual of the Beatles.

But why does your post above say:
"Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
A great prayer indeed. Almost as important as John Lennon's Imagine"? That wasn't my post, it was patrask's. Please correct it. And thank you.

"Live Forever!"