Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
theoctobercountry,
Sorry, but I don't agree with you. I don't agree with your evaluation, or your opinions pertaining to elementary human interaction. I don't see your conclusions at all except in rare instances. I don't agree with your way of thinking. I hope you politely accept all this.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, the sarcasm. Mixed some some truth.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
theoctobercountry,
Sorry, but I don't agree with you. I don't agree with your evaluation, or your opinions pertaining to elementary human interaction. I don't see your conclusions at all except in rare instances. I don't agree with your way of thinking. I hope you politely accept all this.
Sure, I honestly don't care anything about your opinions! I'm perfectly happy with my philosophy, and am not here to belittle and jeer at anyone who doesn't agree with me.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took a leave of absence as this thread was getting rather boring, contenscious and down right childish with all of the name calling. I am taking another longer leave of absence, nothing has changed.

I hope the inquisitive people in the world will wake up soon and realize that religion(s) are all wrong in many ways and Mankind should stand on his/her own and learn about the world to understand the creator better.

Religion, Inc. is really big business selling promises that it cannot keep or offer any proof for. You buy your passage into the next world with the coin of the realm from this one to enrich the coffers of those selling the tickets.

Good luck on your voyages.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see this as a bit of an overgeneralization. I'm surprised you don't. Religious people are all unimaginative. Have you actually read ANY true theology/philosophy? Agustine unimaginative? Really? Ever read any of the Christian Existentialists, for example? Kierkegaard, Bultmann, and Tillich all unimaginative? Really? Or the Upanishads? The statement is amazing. The use of a term like "Religion, Inc." is bigoted and disparaging. We can certainly do better than this. I always find it surprising that people demanding openmindedness from others don't seem to demand it of themselves.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Sure, I honestly don't care anything about your opinions! I'm perfectly happy with my philosophy, and am not here to belittle and jeer at anyone who doesn't agree with me.

october: Poking my nose in here, I'd think by saying "you don't care anything about your philosophy" is belittling and jeering on your part. This is the small thinking I see here.

patrask: Are you near hopeless? Certainly, you must have known scripture in your life. How did the rationale of this world get into your better senses? Oh, but I know It's damned easy.

Mr. Dark, I agree with what you say. St. Augustine was an eye opener for me. Here was a worldy man who ran around with all sorts of women, party boy extreme. Could probably tell you the rauchiest jokes of the day without a flinch of embarassment. Likely didn't care one hoot for any of the spiritual sides of life and had his own strong-headed opinions.

But one day, Jesus Christ got a hold of him.

Yet, ccording to some on this board, St. Augustine, considered on of the 25 greatest minds of all time, was a fool.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"october: Poking my nose in here, I'd think by saying "you don't care anything about your philosophy" is belittling and jeering on your part. This is the small thinking I see here."

No, all I'm saying is that you are perfectly free to think however you want; that doesn't give me the urge to be insulting to others who disagree with my own philosphy.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"october: Poking my nose in here, I'd think by saying "you don't care anything about your philosophy" is belittling and jeering on your part. This is the small thinking I see here."

No, all I'm saying is that you are perfectly free to think however you want; that doesn't give me the urge to be insulting to others who disagree with my own philosphy.

I took that as your way of a backhand. Your own philosophy is just that. I'm not into philosophy.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this conversation has fallen about 10 points below the lowest point on the scale.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I'm just curious as to why you seem to fly into a rage whenever someone doesn't agree with your views on religion. Doug obviously has different beliefs than you, but I can't recall that he's ever been anything but a gentleman when expressing his viewpoint.

Thank you - that's very kind of you to say.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even in disagreements, we should remember that we are brothers and sisters.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doug obviously has different beliefs than you, but I can't recall that he's ever been anything but a gentleman when expressing his viewpoint.

Oh Pleeeezze! Yuk!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
Oh Pleeeezze! Yuk!

Alrighty then.

Clearly some people here dislike me very much.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey there Doug, getting back to the topic at hand... While glancing over some of the details of the report on church abuse in Ireland, I really was astounded at the level of cruelty displayed by those in power. Such depravity is almost inconceivable (and I'm not just talking about abuse of a sexual nature, but rather a generally pervasive mean-spiritedness in every way). How can people possibly act this way? The entire system appears to be corrupt, to the highest levels. And I think it is outrageous that those responsible are not being held accountable...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
Oh Pleeeezze! Yuk!

Alrighty then.

Clearly some people here dislike me very much.

Oh, I certainly don't dislike you. But I certainly dislike how you misalign Jesus Christ in regards to his Divinity.