Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
This one is for Douglas. It's for me, also. And for anyone who considers himself a Christian and fails in their walk and gets frustrated. Christianity is a war.

So, this passage from the book of Hebrews, Chapter 5, verses 7-thru 14.
Continuing with Chapter 6, verses 1-3.
New Living Translation in Modern English

....."While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could deliver him out of death. And God heard his prayers because of his reverence for God. So even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him. And God designated him to be a High Priest in the line of Melchizedek.
.....There is so much more we would like to say about this. But you don't seem to listen, so it's hard to make you understand.
.....You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about Scriptures. You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food. And a person who is living on milk isn't very far along in the Christian life and doesn't know much about doing what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right.
.....So let us stop going over the basics of Christianity again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don't need to start all over again with the importance of turning away from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. You don't need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And so, God willing, we will move forward to further our understanding."

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meet the Bishop.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meet the Real Bishop of Doug Spaulding:

http://defendingcontending.com...s-bishop-john-spong/

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:

The website referred to him as "the heretic Bishop Spong", so I read no further. Couldn't take such a site seriously.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:

The website referred to him as "the heretic Bishop Spong", so I read no further. Couldn't take such a site seriously.

Oh, Douglas, but this site contains several videos where Spong debates the issues with Walter Martin, an apologetic theologian. These were even televised. Are you afraid to see where your Spong is wrong? If so, then you have censored your mind! Sort of a psychological 451, eh!?

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For you, I watched them.

I fear nothing.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
For you, I watched them.

I fear nothing.

Douglas: Fear nothing? Now you don't really mean that, do you?

Proverbs 1, verse 7:
"The Fear of The Lord is the Beginning of Knowledge."

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
quote:
For you, I watched them.

I fear nothing.

Douglas: Fear nothing? Now you don't really mean that, do you?

Proverbs 1, verse 7:
"The Fear of The Lord is the Beginning of Knowledge."

In this context the term means respect.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Well, Doug helps in getting this particular forum postings off track. (guess you can blame me, too)

Blast! I forgot to move my earlier reply over to the Orange Crop! Sorry.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick_Bateman:
God is not alive.

Is too!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillSmithBooks:
I'm pretty sure Ray and God will be a-ok when the time comes...which we all pray will be many years from now.

I'm sure Ray will share many laughs, a few jokes and have a grand time telling stories in the many rooms of the Lord's Mansion (or whatever other Metaphor you prefer).

I think God has a much better sense of humor (and forgiveness and compassion and love) than some of us give him credit for.

Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
This forum, as I understand it, was simply to pray for Ray, as the initial first page on this forum suggested.

Then why didn't you move your comment to the Orange Crop?

quote:
Originally posted by BillSmithBooks:
Doug and Dave, I agree with you.

Somebody agrees with me - I'm bona fide!

Thanks Bill.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
You see, Douglas, there are others that believe in the way you believe. Everyone has a particular crowd that believes in the way they believe. Most everyone believe they are right. That means, there are a whole lot of foolish people believing a whole lot of foolish things and believing that the others are the foolish ones.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't really make out the Christian lyrics, but the piano playing from this kid from Germany will liven things up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/floooflop#p/a

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, can't understand the lyrics, but still FUNNY.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post