Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:
You sound as hopeless a case and as sad a case as I have ever been. And I have been all those.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Ah, Doug, Doug---no use even trying!

Apparently I'm being called "arrogant" based on the handful of posts I've made over the past week regarding Pat Robertson.

WRONGO!

I'm not even mentioning Pat Robertson. I'm talking about Christianity and your mind set. You don't have a clue what it means to be dead in sin, or anything pertaining to the redemptive power of Christ. Isn't that true? You're off on some tangent with a Pat Robertson that I have no clue about and don't care. He may be well intentioned in some things, off the track on others. I'm talking specifically about the arrogant belief system that resides in one's brain when they are in control of their destiny, sans Christ. Period. Hope you catch my drift now!!

Well, please refer me to exact quotes from any posts I have made to give that you impression, and I'll be quite happy to examine them to see if your sweeping statement actually has any bearing on anything I've ever written.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, last post on PR---but really, would you consider even one thing below acceptable in a moral leader who claims to speak God's word? The following statements were paraphrased from on-line sources; any of the events described can be researched by those who care to do so.

Wow - Pat's crooked enough to be President! Almost as much as Bush & Cheney.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
WRONGO!

Isn't that the Beatles' first drummer that Ringo Starr replaced?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Crooked as Truman. Or Nixon or Wilson or Clinton, or ... gee the list is long.

theoctobercountry: It mainly has to do with your support of various statements by Bishop Spong, who is NOT a Christian, tho he claims to be.

A Christian understands and accept the redemptive power of Christ. He must believe in the finished work of Christ. And he foremost accepts the resurrection of Christ as 'fact'. These are fundamental principles in order to be a Christian. Otherwise, you have some other religion under the name of Christianity!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Doug Spaulding:
You sound as hopeless a case and as sad a case as I have ever been. And I have been all those.

You sure you might not still be a little? Just a little?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Okay, last post on PR---but really, would you consider even one thing below acceptable in a moral leader who claims to speak God's word? The following statements were paraphrased from on-line sources; any of the events described can be researched by those who care to do so.

Ha! But of course, you know---"nobody's perfect." Um... WHAT? Wow, some things just are not acceptable behaviour for a church leader, period.

This has actually been kind of fun tonight, but I have to sign off and put in an evening's work. Sometime I should post photos of what I made for the pastor for Pastor Appreciation Day---okay, rather off topic (just BARELY would be appropriate on a religious thread)---but it came out so nice, I want to show it off a little....

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crooked as Truman. Or Nixon or Wilson or Clinton, or ... gee the list is long.

See!?

Hey Salamander, this is almost like instant messaging. (I see jkt too, but he won't venture over here. Perhaps wisely.)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hey! Where was I during this mad rush?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Hey! Where was I during this mad rush?

You see the things you miss!? Smiler

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

theoctobercountry: It mainly has to do with your support of various statements by Bishop Spong, who is NOT a Christian, tho he claims to be.

Hmmm... You've said of me "I'm talking about Christianity and your mind set. You don't have a clue what it means to be dead in sin, or anything pertaining to the redemptive power of Christ." I am still totally at a loss as to what exactly I said that would enable you to accurately make such a sweeping description of my beliefs. Again, if you care to provide exact quotes, I can respond to them.

posted Hide Post
Well, let's cut to the chase. I'm Evangelical in my faith. Where do you see yourself?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Where do you see yourself?

Why not use this thread to introduce ourselves faith-wise? Then these questions will be answered. Salamander has indentified themself as an Evangelical. A broad statement denominationally speaking, but very well.

I attend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Next?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Very well.

The First Evangelical Free Church of Fullerton, California.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know Doug---aren't you afraid of starting an inter-denominational war on this thread? Heh, heh---but then, any discussion could hardly be more contentious than it has been all along, so maybe it doesn't matter...

For the record, I'm a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. (Not a group with a huge number of members, really, but the Lutherans are the fourth largest Christian group in the US.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: theoctobercountry,