Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...I thought you Brits loved your Macs, except for those few who never wear one in the pouring rain. Very strange.

Those would be macINTOSHes, rather than macKINAWs. Or are those the same thing?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...I thought you Brits loved your Macs, except for those few who never wear one in the pouring rain. Very strange.

Those would be macINTOSHes, rather than macKINAWs. Or are those the same thing?

Both are coat-like raiments. http://www.traditionalmusic.co...is/Frozen_Logger.htm

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say it isn't so Phil!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, that's the most hilarious story I've seen for ages. It belongs on The Onion rather than on CNBC! I had to immediately add a link from my blog.

At least traditional books will keep us warm, unlike the Kindle.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aye, and given the Arctic weather, it's back to wartime rations such as chicken sans poulet and ratatouille made with live rats.

Philnic, whaddya mean about our main roads being clear? We were stranded on the M6 for more than five hours (dare I say on the outskirts of Wolverhampton?) waiting for gritters. We reached our destination - the Firth of Dornoch - three days later. Here's a pic I took on the beach while Braveheart was looking the other way.

ImageIMG_1922.JPG (254 Kb, 18 downloads)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the time of writing, they WERE clear. Then we had another snow attack. Never come to me for a weather forecast!

And Scotland doesn't count, because it's always snowing there Big Grin

When I click on your link to see the beach, all I get is a narrow strip of sky. I don't think your picture uploaded properly.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
At least traditional books will keep us warm, unlike the Kindle.

Maybe the Bob Cratchits in the crowd could try to imagine warming up in the glow from the screen.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign firth
That is for ever England."

Imagetn_IMG_1922.JPG (67 Kb, 13 downloads)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Oh my.

Actually they have to find some way to blame human activity for this, such as global warming.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh my.

I believe I will take preemptive action, and withdraw my comment.

And what a doozy of a comment it was.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
And what a doozy of a comment it was.

I wanna know!

I'll tell you mine if you'll tell me yours:

"When will Pat Robertson realise that God is God, and Pat Robertson is not!"

Now kindly quit speaking for God!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
“See, something happened a long time ago to Pat Robertson, and people might not want to talk about it. He was under the heel of insanity. You know, Alzheimers, or whatever, and The 700 Club got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you’ll make Pat Robertson completely insane. True story. And so, the devil said, Okay, it’s a deal.”

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
“See, something happened a long time ago to Pat Robertson, and people might not want to talk about it. He was under the heel of insanity. You know, Alzheimers, or whatever, and The 700 Club got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you’ll make Pat Robertson completely insane. True story. And so, the devil said, Okay, it’s a deal.”

Good! I'll steal it and Facebook it!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Good! I'll steal it and Facebook it!

Right-o!

"Oh, death!"