Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Interesting!
Using the same blender I got this encapsulation of Spongian philosophy:
"Like, you know, if it feels good, do it, man!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, don't just do it. Do it only if it hurts no one and you would have it done to you by others. I believe that tis the essence of the Rule of Gold? What more logical guidlines do we truly need? This simple rule would eliminate most of the troubles in the world, if only actively followed it each one, every day.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instead of mocking Spong and the Golden Rule, why not say what you think he's wrong about, and what you think is right?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
Instead of mocking Spong and the Golden Rule, why not say what you think he's wrong about, and what you think is right?

Nico. I wasn't mocking Spong. I was telling it like it is. That's what he believes, under all the talk.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
Instead of mocking Spong and the Golden Rule...

Yeah - quit mocking the Bishop!

Please.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Please.

Do I have to say it again? There was no mocking here.
mock: an act of ridicule or derision.

There is no ridicule here. THIS is what The Bishop believes. I just ripped away all the flowering prose that covers the casket.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright.

Sure sounds like derision to me.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is to be derided, it should be someone like this:

Aunt tried to drown eight-year-old 'witch'

By Nicole Martin

A woman tortured her eight-year-old niece and tried to drown her after being told the girl was a witch, a court heard yesterday.

She and Sita Kisanga, 35, bundled the girl into a laundry bag and was about to throw her into a river when another attacker intervened, the Old Bailey heard.

The girl's 39-year-old aunt, who the court ruled cannot be named, and three co-defendants were said to have abused the girl after an eight-year-old boy claimed she practised black magic.

Patricia May, prosecuting, told the court that they rubbed chilli peppers into the child's eyes, beat her with a belt, cut her with a knife and deprived her of food.

The jury heard that the girl, now 10, was brought to Britain from Angola in 2002 by her aunt. Miss May said the abuse started in 2003 when the victim and her aunt went to live in Hackney, east London, with Kisanga and her son, who accused the child of being a witch.

The court heard that the girl's aunt and Kisanga put the child in the bag, zipped it up and were about to throw it into the New River in Hackney when Kisanga's brother, Sebastian Pinto, 33, stopped them, warning them that under British law they could end up in prison.

The aunt, from Crouch End, north London, and Kisanga deny conspiracy to murder and child cruelty charges. Pinto, and his girlfriend, Kiwonde Kiese, 21, of Stoke Newington, north London, deny aiding and abetting child cruelty between August 2002 and November 2003.

The case continues.

Sounds like a religious "nut" to me!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

an eight-year-old boy claimed she practised black magic.

Sounds like a religious "nut" to me!

Read it again, Douglas! Says it's Black Magic!

posted Hide Post
Now, now. It's just Cultural Diversity.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Now, now. It's just Cultural Diversity.

There is a difference between Tolerance and Acceptance.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can neither tolerate Spong's beliefs; and definitely cannot accept his premises. But as a human being, I can accept and tolerate him.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Read it again, Douglas! Says it's Black Magic

You're not making the connection.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
But as a human being, I can accept and tolerate him.

You're on the right track now - good job!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Douglas ~
Can you pick out the Bishop in this photo?

Imagesecuredownload-1.jpeg (64 Kb, 6 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post