Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
"Oh Phil! You ARE awful!"

That post was addressed to philnic, not Mr Knox (just in case he was scratching his head!)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica:
Very interesting ideas I've read here!So thank you so much for sharing your ideas!For me being born-again means a kind of transformation of your view on life and things. And it happens especially after some disease, some shock or any other strong emotions. Being born again is the chance given by God to change something, to turn off the wrong way, the chance to see life anew and to believe miracle again. But I think you are born again every day if you don't stop to believe, to be happy with any minute and second you live, because Life always teaches us, giving the keys for the very attentive ones. And I often quote Mr. Bradbury: 'Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in
factories".

Thank you Veronica. Those are the sentiments that I take from Ray's works and try to live them each day. Live Forever! but also live!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neither a stone thrower nor a finger pointer be. Politics, Economics, and Religion always seem to raise the arm or hand in the direction of others. (Peace and Hope, we each need our daily nourishment!)

How about these names of fame and their varied views:
http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_religion.html

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That post was addressed to philnic, not Mr Knox (just in case he was scratching his head!)

thanks for the clarification, tinkerbell. Looks like just you and me for the Carry On double entendres. And all this religious talk going on all around.

I thought Braling II might have joined in at least.

(Of course, with Carry On films, the double entendres were nearly always single entendres.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never got many of the Carry On sereies here, though once in awhile something with Frankie Howerd...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Never got many of the Carry On sereies here, though once in awhile something with Frankie Howerd...

That's because you live in a box ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:

thanks for the clarification, tinkerbell. Looks like just you and me for the Carry On double entendres. And all this religious talk going on
all around.

I thought Braling II might have joined in at least.

(Of course, with Carry On films, the double entendres were nearly always single entendres.)

Single or double, I fear they may be lost on some of our more worthy friends.

posted Hide Post
Tink,

Braling I lets me out frequently, if he knows what's good for him!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ooh er, missus. Nay, nay and thrice nay.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:

Ooh er, missus. Nay, nay and thrice nay.

Touche Phil! Great minds think alike, only I've moved over to "Quote of the Day". It was getting kinda heavy over here ... (Going to tune in to the Veldt this pm on your recommendation. It'd better be good!)

posted Hide Post
Blessed are You, O Christ our God,
You have revealed the fishermen to be most wise
By sending down upon them the Holy Spirit,
And through them You have caught the whole world in Your net.
Glory to You, O Lover of Mankind!

Troparion for Pentecost (today), Tone 8

posted Hide Post
Went orange picking again yesterday in Ojai. The trees were all picked over. Found lots of small ones hanging low enough to pick, and some large enough.

Don't know what variety they are, but they are somewhat sweet and very strong (although not quite bitter).

At any rate, the hike up is incredibly beautiful. I just thank the gods I live here in gorgeous SoCal.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:
Arn't you technically more towards the southern part of the Central part of California? ...than Southern California per se? Or do you work more in that southern part of the central part of California, and live moreso in the southern part of the second part...?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Went orange picking again yesterday in Ojai.

Stayed indoors again yesterday. Constant rain over the southern half of Britain, with temperatures down to 7 celsius. Coincides with the so-called Spring Bank Holiday weekend. Britons jealous of Doug Spaulding and his orange crop.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Nard! Your reply to Doug above sounds like Groucho and Chico's haggling over the contract in "A Night At The Opera"!

"..the second part of the party of the first part..."