Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
tinkerbell: So what are we into now? Motes in eyes?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must be a genetic predisposition.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Presumably he expects the owner of the additional legs to ignore them because they are immoral, and proceed through life pretending they only have two legs. Never mind the psychological harm this will do.

It's decided for them before they're old enough to have a say.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/11/07/india.girl/

Watch for this girl to bring a lawsuit for wrongful amputation!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tinkerbell, well that seems the gist of the whole discussion. Is predisposition your excuse?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tho with great personal difficulty, Christ was in the position to offer others a way around or thru their own personal pre-dispositions. And usually with similar personal pain and tribulations. Ultimately, he showed that there was a way thru the end-all pre-disposition, personal death.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard! Could we have that in plain English please?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
tinkerbell, well that seems the gist of the whole discussion. Is predisposition your excuse?

Well, it was until I read Nard's post! I'm double-locking the doors tonight.

posted Hide Post
Maybe the problem is that it IS in plain English!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or plain American. Not my first language I'm afraid.

Are you a fundamentalist?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Never mind the psychological harm this will do.

Phil makes a very good point.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Anyone remember Francesco Lentini?

It's the third leg that makes the difference!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if they could only fiddle with chicken and turkey genes with an end toward satisfying those of us who have a predisposition for enjoying drumsticks!

(I'm a giblet man myself!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BII, better still: cross a chicken with an octopus. That way, everybody gets a leg.

(Unless it's a Ray Harryhausen octopus, in which case one person goes without.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Anyone remember Francesco Lentini?

Which of the three legs did he deny having?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolf Harris might know.