Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mr.Faith. You'd have to go back awhile to discover where Doug Spaulding is coming from. He adheres to the Gospel of Thomas, for instance, and is an admirer of Bishop Spong, one of the most, if not THE, most liberal theologians around. So liberal that I don't consider him an authority in proclaiming God's word. In our present-day culture, the more radical you are in the viewpoint you dish-out concerning Christ, the more popular you become. The truth slowly is being buried in the pile of behaviour and a mind set of self that discolors truth to the upcoming generation.

Actually, in scripture, we're not supposed to even argue with these fellows. You speak to them God's word and if they accept God's word that's great. if not, you leave. But in this day and age of the internet and every form of mind boggling communication, things get a little strange in of how to deal with the radical.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True and thank you, but it is a little upsetting to see our Lord being upstaged.

Posts: 27 | Registered: 12 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...if anyone speak to you about any matter do not argue with him. But if he speaks rightly, say: Yes. If he speaks wrongly say to him: You know what you are saying. But do not argue with him about the things he has said. Thus your mind will be at peace."

-one of the 4th Century Coptic Desert Fathers

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
In our present-day culture, the more radical you are in the viewpoint you dish-out concerning Christ, the more popular you become.

Yep!

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Faith:
The Arabic name for Jesus used by Christians, Yasū‘, derives fromYeshua as the original name for Jesus.The claim that the form Yeshua is the original name for the religious figure otherwise known as Jesus in western Christianity Yeshua. (quoted from wiki) is this what you mean?

I guess. Don't quite understand the question.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes Obama says he is a Christian, but his actions say differently.

So say those who disagree with his stance. It doesn't make it so.

quote:
...abortion is murder.

I agree.

quote:
...being gay isn't a sin, but the lifestyle is.

No it isn't.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Mr.Faith. You'd have to go back awhile to discover where Doug Spaulding is coming from.

Southern California. Actually, I already came from there. I am now here. So there.

Mr Faith, you and my old friend Mr Knox are going to get along fine!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
...it is a little upsetting to see our Lord being upstaged.

Impossible.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
"...if anyone speak to you about any matter do not argue with him. But if he speaks rightly, say: Yes. If he speaks wrongly say to him: You know what you are saying.

So who determines right from wrong?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding, the Metropolitan Church you made a link to is a notorious pro-gay Church. What do you expect a pro-gay church to say? It is so sad to see the Gospel watered down.

When is Doug Spaulding going to start his own church or The Gospel according to Doug Spaulding?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
"...if anyone speak to you about any matter do not argue with him. But if he speaks rightly, say: Yes. If he speaks wrongly say to him: You know what you are saying.

So who determines right from wrong?

That's the big question.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Costello?

Either. I don't think it matters.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Maybe Jesus did say that.

Then again (in the words of Kirsty McColl), there's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis.

Oh, dear, I was just thinking of a letter my uncle sent to my mother some years ago, in which he emphatically stated that Jesus was NOT the Son of God, but "a child of God like you, me, or anybody else," and that "the person known in this world as Jesus has been reincarnated" (as has been/will be everyone) "and currently runs a delicatessen in Brooklyn." Gave us all one heck of a laugh anyway.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For Doug Spaulding and whoever else cares to look: http://www.newchurch.org/belie...sus-really-save.html

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
When is Doug Spaulding going to start his own church or The Gospel according to Doug Spaulding?

Never! I rather like the belief structure started by Yeshua.

"Live Forever!"