Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
I am a bit saddened by the lack of civility to be found in some responses to my thoughts, however.

Welcome to the club!

You'll get used to it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was quite a can of worms!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
I am a bit saddened by the lack of civility to be found in some responses to my thoughts, however.

Welcome to the club!

You'll get used to it.

This is all sort of a Red Herring, though, isn't it? Just because it was hypocritical doesn't mean he doesn't have a point when he says that Obama seems to be making a misinterpretation.

Leaders of today certainly aren't infallible, and I don't think anyone debates that.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Well, Dobson has often quoted the above New Testament passages as well. Good grief. There's other related New Testament passages as well. Do you think because it's in the Old Testament it's no longer in the New Testament as well. No way, Jose'!

Sigh... This response, like others I have received in view of my first post, has nothing to do with my original statement. That being, Dobson has displayed hypocritical behaviour. If anyone still does not understand why I feel this way, see Nico's post above. My opinion could not be clearer, and as of yet I've to read one word which would make me feel otherwise.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding. Are you just plain obnoxious, or do you just like to act that way? A stubborn radical liberal who has his pulse on the likes of Spong and find that cool, or just pretending?

Well, it's not cool to act that way, and worse to be that way. It's deceptive. There's no other way to put it. Several us here online have tried to talk to you, but you always have a quip and a clever remark to rebuke right conscience. If you didn't get anything out of, for instance, the Lutzer YOUTUBE clip Braling II put online, then who has the patience to sit thru your drivel?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
This is all sort of a Red Herring, though, isn't it? Just because it was hypocritical doesn't mean he doesn't have a point when he says that Obama seems to be making a misinterpretation.

However, my original point dealt with my problem with Dobson. I simply could not overlook his statements, knowing that he had done the same thing that he was complaining about. And instead of a logical refutation to my post, the discussion immediately and oddly veered off into tangents that had nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
theoctobercountry. I've read the previous postings and even I don't get what you are trying to say. If I'm in the minority so be it.

You don't supply a context. I feel like I'm trying to make sense in a room without windows or doors and am expected to know where I'm at by looking around four blank walls.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
theoctobercountry. I've read the previous postings and even I don't get what you are trying to say. If I'm in the minority so be it.

Sigh... (again...) Please see Nico's post of 29 June 2008 12:38 AM. If anyone reading that still does not understand my view, I honestly cannot spell it out any more simply or plainly...

posted Hide Post
Sigh... (again...) Please see Nico's post of 29 June 2008 12:38 AM. If anyone reading that still does not understand my view, I honestly cannot spell it out any more simply or plainly...[/QUOTE]

It's too bad you can't spell it out any more simply. Some of us would have liked to understand the point you wanted to make.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
That's OK, october, I get it, and so do most others. It's only a few that don't.

Yes, I see what you mean. I've been a part of this board for over five years (despite having had to re-register last year), but have not been around very much for the past couple of years. But over the past week I've been following a few threads, and am now getting a feel for the "ebb and flow" of how the discussions run. Hmmm, if I can find the time I think I'll stick around for a while...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Doug Spaulding. Are you just plain obnoxious, or do you just like to act that way?

Just obnoxious.

quote:
..you always have a quip and a clever remark to rebuke right conscience.

That's because I'm quick-witted!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
And instead of a logical refutation to my post, the discussion immediately and oddly veered off into tangents that had nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Yeah, they'll do that.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
I feel like I'm trying to make sense in a room without windows or doors and am expected to know where I'm at by looking around four blank walls.

The writing is on the walls.

See? Quick-witted.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
If you didn't get anything out of, for instance, the Lutzer YOUTUBE clip Braling II put online, then who has the patience to sit thru your drivel?

I think the same thing about those who get nothing out of my Spong YouTubes.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
It's too bad you can't spell it out any more simply. Some of us would have liked to understand the point you wanted to make.

(Pssst: october, talk slower)

"Live Forever!"