Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
dandelion: ???? You mean this guy...?

Imageintroii_pic.JPG.jpg (53 Kb, 17 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:
When I meant THIS guy...?

Imagejosephii-smith_s.jpg (54 Kb, 12 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Joe Smith was quite the ladies' man, you know. Check out the bevy of beauties he married:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ldshi...6safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Old Joe Smith was quite the ladies' man, you know. Check out the bevy of beauties he married:

Quite.

Isn't the fourth one Jim Nabors' great great great gramma?

And the final one has a rather nice mustache!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, couldn't view your attachment but mean the guy to whom this group http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/An_Absolute_Treasure_John_Smith/ is dedicated.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:
Yeah! Same guy. Can't figure why you and Doug Spaulding having trouble.

posted Hide Post
I'm having the same problem. I think it might be because the image you posted has ".jpg" in it twice. (The link is called introii_pic.JPG.jpg.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
What is this nonsense...previous lives...stuff?

Enjoy!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
What is this nonsense...previous lives...stuff?

One obvious explanation is that belief lets you off being judged for what you did with this one life you were given. (Karma and Samsara are a sort of passing on of the consequences of blunders or successes - nothing like a judgement by the Creator.)

Well, since Sunday is Christmas Eve on the old calendar, may I reiterate:

Your Nativity, Oh, Christ our God,
Dawned upon the world the Light of Knowledge;
For by it those who worshipped the stars
were taught by a star
to adore You the Sun of Righteousness;
and to know You the Dayspring from on high.
Oh Lord, Glory to You!

-Troparion of the Nativity

Blessings to believers, non-believers, doubters, confused, those who think they know; in short, as Tiny Tim says,
"God bless us - every one!"

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right! And as the New Year begins, we could ALL use a Blessing...or two!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CHUCK COLSON is speaking at Saddlebnack Church today. What he has to say about modern-day Christianity is bleak. You can catch his sermon 4 times today (Sunday, Jan 6th)...by this link. Times are noted on the link page. Sometimes it takes a minute or so to begin the stream...

(For those not familiar with Colson, he worked under President Nixon, was convicted with Watergate, and went to jail. In jail Chuck Colson accepted Jesus Christ. He now has the largest Prison Ministry in the World.)

http://saddlebackfamily.com/mediacenter/services/Default.aspx

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blind Henry:
"Sealed" by the blood of Christ Jesus!

Oh Friend Henry, not the Atonement Theology again!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Praise GOD, Blind Henry. This Doug Spaulding has been taught by some heretic out there who branded his poor docile brain with junk. Perhaps a later cousin of Mr. Electrico?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Perhaps a later cousin of Mr. Electrico?

Perhaps!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
This Doug Spaulding has been taught by some heretic out there...

Good. The definition of Heresy is: "a challenge to a prescribed system of belief, especially a religious one."

So I guess that makes me (and any thinking, questioning individual) a heretic!

Proud heretic here.

"Live Forever!"