Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Check out Acharya S on the internet. Especially her latest effort, Who Was Jesus. Very intriguing. Too many parallels. The Truth will be known - some day.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Mike Licona's (and others') assessment of Acharya S. (real name D. Murdock).
By the way, even this self-procalimed expert Acharya (whose writings cry out for a proof reader) doesn't buy Notovich's "Issa/India" thing.

(*sigh*)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But Mike attended Liberty University. That's what we might call a "red flag".

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...that's why I said "and others". Anyway, she's challenged.

By the way, interesting history of the words "beautiful" and "red" in Russian!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would still challenge you to read her latest work Who Was Jesus, and the link below leads to some interesting rebuttals by those who once critisized her. Her nam-de-plume was a necessary cover to protect her from those who would do her real harm for telling truths. She has since been outed, and uses her name D. Murdock on her latest effort. I have read all of her books. They reference works from others that date back into the last century. I have read Gerald Massey and Joseph Wheless, who were writing about this a long time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acharya_S

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With that much oft-repeated, "You must be Born-Again" phrase, hardly expect any of those experts named to even have so much as a glimmer of what it means to be born again, much less are born again. Christ said it simply. In the venacular, he said, You won't see a thing, and you just won't get it, and you certainly won't be able to figure it out no matter how hard you try, if you are not born a second time."

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
...that's why I said "and others".

Very clever of you!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's time for something just a LITTLE less serious...

AB's featured Video of the Month is Will Farrell's now-infamous 'The Landlord'.

Poor Will has a ruthless landlord - a two-year-old with a taste for alcohol and a bad case of potty mouth...
View it HERE. Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
With that much oft-repeated, "You must be Born-Again" phrase, hardly expect any of those experts named to even have so much as a glimmer of what it means to be born again, much less are born again. Christ said it simply. In the venacular, he said, You won't see a thing, and you just won't get it, and you certainly won't be able to figure it out no matter how hard you try, if you are not born a second time."

I have been born again - after staring into the black hole of death from bladder cancer, I am most grateful for each day I am given to live, and I try and bring something positive into the world if I can each day. This experience is just as life changing as your experience of being Born Again. A second chance to get it right and to end knowing that I fought the good fight and lived a good life is all I need.

posted Hide Post
patrask. Wow! What a turn around from the doorstep of death. You speak like a good man. Your intentions and heart are in the right place. But being born-again means not trying to get it right, but the event where God gives you the perfect self, Himself. That's why you are then able to start seeing how things work, because you are no longer understanding by your own effort, but God breathes it into your heart and mind by being present inside of your mind and heart. But no simple matter. It'll be a life long battle of the wills. When God's perfect self meets your imperfect self, there's war.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Oh Phil! You ARE awful!"

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
I thought everyone knew where we came from. Guess like ol' granny used to say, there's always one in every crowd that don't.

Guess I missed out on the biology classes too!
My ol' granny used to say they found me under a gooseberry bush.

What's wrong with standing out from the crowd?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Blevins
"WHERE WE CAME FROM, WHY WE'RE HERE, WHERE WE'RE GOING" - IMHO we can only speculate ...
Don't you just hate it when people try to pass off their opinions as facts?
Wonder if you get the 'Sky at Night' with Patrick Moore overe there. We watch it avidly.

posted Hide Post
Very interesting ideas I've read here!So thank you so much for sharing your ideas!For me being born-again means a kind of transformation of your view on life and things. And it happens especially after some disease, some shock or any other strong emotions. Being born again is the chance given by God to change something, to turn off the wrong way, the chance to see life anew and to believe miracle again. But I think you are born again every day if you don't stop to believe, to be happy with any minute and second you live, because Life always teaches us, giving the keys for the very attentive ones. And I often quote Mr. Bradbury: 'Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in
factories".

Posts: 6 | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
What this thread needs is a bit of Thomas Wolfe. From "Look Homeward, Angel," Ben Gant and Dr. Coker:

"Where do we come from? Where do we go to? What are we here for? What the hell is it all about?" "What you want, son, is not a doctor, but a prophet."

Bravo, Dandelion! Thanks to you, I've just started reading 'Look Homeward ...'. What's the title of YOUR book, by the way? Would I be able to get hold of a copy on Amazon?