Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It all boils down to the translator and view-taker.

Democrat\Republican?
Green Party?
Independent?
Whigs?
even the John Birch Society?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Harp looks good - cheap Irish food, nice selection of ale, and quiet time on the 22nd.

But coffee?

I plan on showing up at the Harp at 2:00 pm on Sunday 22nd for friendly introductions and calm, but spirited discussions of an ecumenical nature. If Nard can make it he should be in great Spirit, having come from the Sunday services. I look forward to meeting DS, I have enjoyed Nard's company on a previous occasion, he is a good person.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
The secret is real cream and lots of it on top of Tullamore Dew and two cubes of sugar in the coffee.

Ah, Tullamore Dew - you take me back.

My husband and I picked up a green ceramic bottle of Tullamore Dew last year when we were in San Jose area. We're not quite out (perhaps there's one or two shots left in the bottle), and we haven't had "traditional" Irish Coffee with it (more like Irish Lattes or sipping it straight). I'm not a terribly huge whiskey fan (I prefer G&Ts or beer if I drink), but Tullamore Dew whiskey was really quite good.

- - - - -

Remember, Remember, the Month of November / Dialogue, Setting, and Plot / I'm hearing wishes that laundry and dishes / Wouldn't just sit there, forgot.

Posts: 11 | Location: South Orange County, CA, U.S. | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jess, next time you must pop round!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Jess:
quote:
quote:
The secret is real cream and lots of it on top of Tullamore Dew and two cubes of sugar in the coffee.

Ah, Tullamore Dew - you take me back.

My husband and I picked up a green ceramic bottle of Tullamore Dew last year when we were in San Jose area. We're not quite out (perhaps there's one or two shots left in the bottle), and we haven't had "traditional" Irish Coffee with it (more like Irish Lattes or sipping it straight). I'm not a terribly huge whiskey fan (I prefer G&Ts or beer if I drink), but Tullamore Dew whiskey was really quite good.

Thanks for the web link to the Tullamore Dew site. I learned a few things that I did not know, for instance there are now only two distilleries that produce all of the Irish whiskey sold. I presume that means Bushmills, Jamesons and Tullamore Dew. I must try the 12 year old Dew. I am not a big drinker, but I get a hankerin' for a good Irish coffee and some slow sippin' now and then. In moderation of course! Right now I am dreaming of the Buena Vista in good old San Francisco on the wharf, best Irish coffe I have ever had.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right now I am dreaming of the Buena Vista in good old San Francisco on the wharf, best Irish coffee I have ever had.

Looks mighty good.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I brought back a wee bottle of Lindisfarne Mead from Holy Island. About to go have some with some Grasmere gingerbread after tea (dinner).
I also smuggled in some of that wonderful British bacon - and some Lancashire cheeeeese, Gromit!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What, no Wensleydale?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White or blue?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, Lancashire cheese is very white, somewhat crumbly, but not dry.

Phil, I wanted to bring back some Wensleydale and some Red Leicester, but only risked the Lancasire and some Double Gloucester.

Say, do you have any Free Houses near you? I'd love to just travel about over there (except for the driving!) and sample Real Ales! I quite like Theakston's best bitter on draught...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, with cheeses I can just about hold a conversation, but when it comes to beer I know nothing! I believe there is a big Real Ale movement in my part of the country (the West Midlands), but I don't know much about it.

Now, Cheshire cheese is good, not to be confused with Cheddar, which has a thoroughly different consistency...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does cheese have to do with religion 101?
You see, no one likes when the religious issue is taken up in a particular posting. But here it is, a forum dedicated to RELIGION, and someone is going to want to change it to beer and cheap Irish food.

That's unless Jesus changed water to Irish whiskey. It's says wine, so we'll stay with that.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broid, sorry. Merely a digression, as is our wont.

Phil, to what you may be referring:
http://www.camra.org.uk/home.aspx

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
...and someone is going to want to change it to beer and cheap Irish food.

English!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
To get the thread back to religion, let me just suggest that whilst Jesus was in Britain attending Druid College with Pontius Pilate, he could very well have sampled some English cheese!

Makes you think.

"Live Forever!"