Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=timpfTIeg0w

Our Church Choir singing this.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Nichols, how is the British orange crop bearing up?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Spaulding, it's pretty snowy, icy and chilly over here. But the main roads are clear, so life goes on. Expecting minus six celsius tonight; that's pretty chilly in this neck of the woods.

Thanks for asking!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, here's the Chicago forecast for tomorrow, January 7, 2010. Eat your heart out, jkt!

"Snow, heavy at times; windy and cold. Lake moisture enhances snow in the afternoon and evening, especially near Lake Michigan. Total accumulations 5-9 inches with local 12 inches totals possible near the lake."

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
OK, here's the Chicago forecast for tomorrow, January 7, 2010. Eat your heart out, jkt!

"Snow, heavy at times; windy and cold. Lake moisture enhances snow in the afternoon and evening, especially near Lake Michigan. Total accumulations 5-9 inches with local 12 inches totals possible near the lake."

I think it is ONLY going to get up to 71 tomorrow.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Have you your mackinaw at the ready?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Have you your mackinaw at the ready?

Like I'm going to wear plaid...

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oranges grow in Britain?

In the U. S., it is now Florida in danger of frozen oranges, not to mention strawberries.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Oranges grow in Britain?

The ones in my fruit bowl have resolutely stayed the same size for over a week...

Mackinaw is a good word. I'd never heard it, so I looked it up. As well as referring to jkt's favourite jacket(!), another definition is:

"a flat-bottomed boat used on upper Great Lakes" - so maybe Richard can use one on Lake Michigan, if it isn't frozen over.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:The ones in my fruit bowl have resolutely stayed the same size for over a week...

Just be sure that bottom one is well-polished!

quote:
Mackinaw is a good word. I'd never heard it, so I looked it up.

I thought you Brits loved your Macs, except for those few who never wear one in the pouring rain. Very strange.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Oranges grow in Britain?

Imagetn_IMG_1984.JPG (148 Kb, 15 downloads)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that this thread fluctuates between questions about the divinity of the Lord Christ and whether the citrus crop is in danger.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
DS, "The Good Lord works in strange ways!"

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tinkerbell, great photographic evidence...that tangerines grow on cordylines...?

I somehow feel that MogTheDog should be in that photo somewhere. Where is Mog, anyway?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I like that this thread fluctuates between questions about the divinity of the Lord Christ and whether the citrus crop is in danger.

You seem to be suggesting, sir, that this is one thread which actually manages to stay on-topic!

- Phil