Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Inspired by Ray...or plagiarised from him?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inspired by Ray...or plagiarised from him?
 Login/Join

posted
Fahrenheit 451? This fireman is called "Ray":

http://www.aniboom.com/animati...the-lines-the-movie/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't paid for, then I would say plagiarised.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most certainly plagiarised. Though I don't see anybody making money off of that...so it could be harmless if the creator puts up notification.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the remake of the long overdue F451 seems to be still in limbo...maybe this guy can do an animated full length re-do. Clever imagery.

(Ironically, in going through my collection of RB communications a few days ago, I revisited some of Mr. B's comments in the very first letter to us here in NNY "..I am still waiting for Mel Gibson to begin work on the manuscript of a new Fahrenheit movie." (This back in May of the mid-90's!?)

So...anybody have any news on this long-awaited must be done project? A couple of years ago, F. Darabont last had it in his hands and seemed primed!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
So...anybody have any news on this long-awaited must be done project?

Speculation runs wild throughout the internet, and I have nothing to contribute. Maybe Doug Spaulding or dandelion know more?

On another note, I heard rumors that actor Gerard Butler recently picked up a couple of Ray's books, and is particularly interested in throwing his hat into the ring.

Rumors they may be, but you never know.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:Speculation runs wild throughout the internet, and I have nothing to contribute. Maybe Doug Spaulding or dandelion know more?

Anybody shelled out the money for Internet Movie Database Pro to see if they know anything?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Maybe Doug Spaulding or dandelion know more?

The last I heard from Mr B's own lips was that the Darabont project is going forward, albeit slowly, apparently.

The studio heads would be the ones to ask - they control the money! Alas, I am not in touch with them.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alas, it is a truism that there are more good films sitting on a shelf NOT being made than there are going before the cameras. Darabont is a very good film-maker, but hasn't had a hit for some time - if he had, he could name his next project and the money people would be falling over themselves to help him get it made. As it is, it will take a set star package to get the movie going. And in Hollywood, set doesn't mean set.

"Is your movie going ahead?"
"Everything's set!"
"Great news!"
"Yeah, but it isn't SET set."
"Oh, pity"

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! This is not plagiarism just like the T.V. show V is not a carbon copy of Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End and much of Rap music is not a copy of old classics! If you believe this than perhaps you should have been expelled from college.

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually heard that Mel Gibson doesn't own the rights anymore, and they were bought by the Director of The Shawshank Redemption, who is working on it as we speak.

But I don't remember where I read this, so take it w/ a grain of salt. If in fact this is true then I think it's a very good sign because i can't imagine him messing it up.

Posts: 31 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidTVC15:
I actually heard that Mel Gibson doesn't own the rights anymore, and they were bought by the Director of The Shawshank Redemption, who is working on it as we speak.

But I don't remember where I read this, so take it w/ a grain of salt. If in fact this is true then I think it's a very good sign because i can't imagine him messing it up.

It's true. At least it was very recently.

I couldn't imagine him wrecking it either... that is until I saw what he did to Steve King's The Mist - geez! And I loved that novella too!

Oh well, we can hope.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I couldn't imagine him wrecking it either... that is until I saw what he did to Steve King's The Mist - geez! And I loved that novella too!

I didn't see the movie, but my niece and her friends did, so I got to hear what a stupid pointless waste that was.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I didn't see the movie, but my niece and her friends did, so I got to hear what a stupid pointless waste that was.

And the film was good up until the end! What a stupid way to end it. I'm still amazed that Darabont (a good filmmaker) would do that.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:And the film was good up until the end! What a stupid way to end it. I'm still amazed that Darabont (a good filmmaker) would do that.

My niece hadn't read the story and I was able to inform her it didn't end like that!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
My niece hadn't read the story and I was able to inform her it didn't end like that!

Glad you were able to bear some good news. What a beautiful, hopeful ending to the novella, and a sudden, shocking, hopeless, disgusting, out-of-character ending to the film! Sickening.

"Live Forever!"